What's new

Shaving Towel?

It seems adding a towel is the next step in my shaving evolution and looking around I was wondering what people were using?

Is one material or weave better than another?

FYI - I am a bachelor without much in the way of linens, so regardless I am going to have to buy something. Also as a bachelor I have the luxury of funding my new hobby without repercussions, so lets have at it.

Soft cotton towels & washcloths from TJ Maxx and Bed Bath & Beyond.

Don't skimp on towels. Get nice stuff.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Welcome to B&B! I'm not sure that anything is to be gained over a high quality cotton hand towel and wash cloth, but I welcome proof of anything better!

I'm not sure that anything is to be gained over a high quality cotton hand towel and wash cloth, but I welcome proof of anything better!
They feel better is why I went with them. They weren't really outrageously expensive, either.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
They feel better is why I went with them. They weren't really outrageously expensive, either.

I made my post before seeing yours. I use some old Ralph Lauren cotton towels and wash cloths that I've had for several years, don't know where they came from.

It seems adding a towel is the next step in my shaving evolution and looking around I was wondering what people were using?

Is one material or weave better than another?

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and found a pack of 12X12 small washcloths and use those. I paid about $6 for a pack or 4 or so.

I had been using a black wash cloth, and once one day used a white towel. I realized from the blood spots on it, I had a few tiny weepers I did not realize were there. So a white towel might tell you just how close your shave is, where a black one won't show any spots like that.

I use 15" x 23" cotton barber towels I picked up at atlantabarber. The larger size makes for a great hot wet steam on the old face before and after.

Welcome to B&B. Terry cloth towels or whatever my wife buys :001_rolle works fine for me. She usually gets them at Costco or some outlet store.

I've been toying with the idea of trying a Shamwow in the hopes that it would hold the hot water better. I've used them in the past as fever towels when my daughter had a high fever and they worked well from a standpoint of holding water without dripping everywhere, but I haven't remembered to bring one up to the bathroom at night to try the next morning as yet. This might push me over the edge to give it a whirl.

DR Harris have a range of face cloths and towels that are 100%, 640gm luxury cotton. Available in white and black direct from the UK website, also from Classic Shaving. Don't have any myself... ... yet...

Top Bottom