What's new

Shaving Towel?

OK, finally got my act together and tried the Shamwow as a shave towel - worked surprisingly well. No dripping on application as long as it's moderately wrung out which allowed me to leave more hot water in the towel and meant it stayed hot on my face/beard longer. Can't wait to try it with hotter water, as my tap water is a bit cooler than I'd like and SWMBO would frown on an electric kettle until we move and have a larger bathroom, but all in all, this is a way better solution than the washcloths and hand towels I'd been using.

FYI - I am a bachelor without much in the way of linens, so regardless I am going to have to buy something. Also as a bachelor I have the luxury of funding my new hobby without repercussions, so lets have at it.

Try the Dollar Store, some Wash cloth or Hand towel size will do, save your money for MORE PRODUCT/ EQUIPMENT

I found a towel supply store, 12x herringbone barber towels for 6.00

I will post my findings and a link when I test them.

My belief is that a heavy dense Turkish or Egyiption cotton with a high weight in the order of 800 grams / square metre will hold its heat longer than a low weight flanel and is a nicer peice of kit also.

But I think were spitting hairs here :biggrin1:

Honestly I don't like standard towels for shaving. I've found a shorter nap garage towel to be my favorite. Quite absorbent but the low nap doesn't get caught on the blade if your wiping your razor off.

the wife gets wizzed when I funk up the hand towels.. so one day roaming around Target I found nice heavy hand towels and picked up a dozen they were lke a $1.50 probably because they were a light lime green.

I'm also on a budget. At Bed Bath and Beyone I bought a pack of 12 (I think) washcloths and a pack of 6 (I think) larger hand towels. Together they cost me less than $20. I use both, but I find the larger ones better, because they hold hot water longer which is useful for prep.

It's nice to have a bunch of them, too, so you can use a fresh one every day without having to do laundry each day.

I am just using plain white, cotton towels for now. Easy to clean and maintain.
All towels were purchased from Target.

There are plans to buy a few very nice towels that hold heat and water better, but those are a ways off.

I use bar towels that I got in a big pack at Sam's Club. They are a little bit smaller than hand towels, and bigger that wash cloths. I only use them for heads shaves though, just cup some water in my hands for the face.

Top Bottom