What's new

Great Fishing Trip

My brother-in-law, an avid fisherman, visited us last week and we took a few days off to go fishing. We went fishing four days and the fishing was decent. We each caught a Pompano and about six or seven Spanish Mackerel each. But Tuesday was different.

We got to a local fishing pier early in the a.m. and the winds and temperature indicated we were in for a hard day. The winds were up to 35 miles and hour and the temperature had dropped considerably. However, at about 8:00 a.m. - after two hours of catching nothing to keep - we began to catch some fish. Strange as it was fisherman only three or four feet away and using the same bait and lures as we were caught zip. My wife joined us and she caught some fish, too. After three hours we caught our limit of Spanish Mackerel. Here is a picture of what we caught. View attachment 154961

Did you ever have a day when the fish gods were smiling at you and everything you did worked right but those around you could do nothing right? :wink1::wink2:

Oh, go ahead. Just rub it in!

Great haul. I always get there and hear "Oh, they were really biting yesterday.".

Good show! I'll be going out with my brother and son tomorrow for bass and bream with spinning gear, which will be a nice change from my usual trout on a fly-rod.

Good luck. My brother-in-law and I plan a trip to Canada for Northern and Walleye in June and a trip to some farm ponds for bream and bluegills in a few weeks.

Top Bottom