What's new

IP Reds

Broke into a IP Red pack yesterday. Did not seem that great. Went with it this morning again and had the same feeling...literally, or is that figuratively. Seems that I've gotten better shaves out of my Crystals. Maybe it's just me though. To each their own.

The blades that work best for me:
Personna Meds
Gillette 7-yellows
Shark-Super Chrome
Astra SP
Lord SS
Bluebird

Not so good for me:
Derby
Voshkod
Asco
Feather (not yet anyway)
Wilkinson
IP Red packs

Last edited:
I like them, but have now found that I like Bluebirds even better.
Like you said, to each their own.

I tried feathers because everyone speaks so highly of them, I was not impressed at all.

Tell us about your razor.

Different blades can give different results in different razors.

I have found that Red IP's work best for me in a Red Tip or 48-50 Aristocrat. They don't do so well in a SS or President.

That's interesting that you like Astra SP but not the Personna RPs. In my experience they perform very similar. The Personna RP are my favorite and the Astra SPs take second place.

Tell us about your razor.

Different blades can give different results in different razors.

I have found that Red IP's work best for me in a Red Tip or 48-50 Aristocrat. They don't do so well in a SS or President.

Merkur 39c slant, TOBS, or GFT creams, and start with a preshave oil. They did OK in my red tip and slim adjustable. I'm just surprised with all the reviews that they don't work for me.

The Personna RPs have worked great in my Slant razors including the 39C. Give them another chance in a month or two and you might be surprised at how good they are.

I love my reds, feathers are my go to blade shortly followed by the red ips, plus at 100/$15 I find them to be one if the best deals in wetshaving. I've found themto work great in a slant, red tip ss, and de89

Top Bottom