What's new

Educate me

Typically, the ABC razor sets sell high. Please give me suggestions for why this one, which is beautiful, went at about half of what I usually see them go for ??

SOLD ebay listing here.

Was it just a matter of timing ? I probably would have paid that had I seen this sitting on a shelf for 70 bucks.

Has to be timing. The winning bidder just happened to be on when the wolves were busy elsewhere. Simple as that. Very nice set.

Sorry, I can't see the code from the photos. It is an ABC set with a good price. Interestingly this seller's auctions don't end that well for buyers.

Won't speak for anyone else, but I can tell you why I didn't bid on it at that price (in ascending order of "problemness"):
  • Common handle style (though somewhat less common plain case)
  • Missing blade safe
  • Interior decent but not great. Raw metal from the dividers coming through the fabric.
  • Missing logo patch
  • Plating on the case was in pretty bad shape. There were a number of problems on the lid and a huge fault on the back that the seller seemed to be trying to show in one photo in such a way that someone not looking closely might take it to be a reflection (below).
It's really the last item that pushed me over the edge to hold back a bid. All that being said, I think the buyer got it on the better side of a fair price. I just wouldn't have taken it myself unless it had been a bargain.

proxy.php

Top Bottom