What's new

Shaving items in Germany?

I'm going to be visiting Germany starting next weekend. I'll have a little time in Duseldorf but will mainly be in the town of Beckum. Are there any good shaving finds in Germany, especially ones I could find easily at drug stores or grocery stores?

Thanks!

You will find Palmolive at virtually any drug store. If you do a bit more of searching, you will find Tabac, Irisch Moos, Weleda, and Speick. If you manage to find a store that sells perfumes, such as Parfümerie Douglas, you may find Gold Dachs and Knize Ten.

Düsseldorf has a Manufactum. This is a MUST see. You will find Knize Ten, Gold Dachs, and the extremely-difficult-to-find Klar Kabinett products and Tüff aftershave.

Any blades widely available in drug stores or grocery stores? Also, any good deals to be had on EJ, Muhle, or Timor items?

Considering the currency exchange rate (1€≈$1.42) and Germany's high sales tax rate (19%), if you are just trying to save money, you may as well get the stuff from the Internet. Wilkinson Blades are usually available in drug stores, but that is about it. Manufactum has Merkur blades. EJ and Mühle are usually in stores that sell perfume, but not in most drug stores. I have never seen Timor items.

Your best bets are Manufactum and a Parfümerie Douglas. Here you can see Manufactum's address in Düsseldorf. If you go here, type in "Düsseldorf" (without the quotations) in the search box under "Ort oder Postleitzahl eingeben:", and click on "Suche starten", you can see all the Parfümerie Douglas locations in Düsseldorf. Parfümerie Douglas also sells British and Italian brands.

Last edited:
This place will be well worth checking out as well.

Müller Drogerie
Schadowstr. 93
40212 Düsseldorf
Deutschland

Telefon 0211 17523940

I haven't visited the store in Düsseldorf, but every other Müller store that I have entered has had a great range of shaving software. Speick, Tabac, Irisch Moos, Palmolive etc as well as a good range of after shaves and colognes.

Last edited:
Yes, Muller was a high point for German shopping for me as well. Try to go the biggest one in town, often in the center shopping district. It has the entire Irisch Moss and Tabac line as well as lots of other stuff. Also, the other sections of the store had lots of cool stuff (pens, pencils, toys, etc.).

Top Bottom