What's new

Man I had a horrible shave today!

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I don't know what happened today. I have been safety razor shaving for almost 5 months. Everything has been very good! Today I had the worst shave since the fifth day of DE shaving. The problem is, I do not know what to blame. When I try something for the first time, whether it be a brush, blade, razor or cream/soap I always make sure every other component of the shave is something that I know works for me, so there is only one variable. Today, I changed 2 things so I don't know what to really blame.
I used speick for the first time, and a Gem flat top g bar. The speick stick I soaked in warm/hot water for a minute or two before rubbing it on my face and face lathering with my brush. The lather looked really good, but for some reason, I had to load my brush to have enough soap before my second and third pass. My face didn't seen to have any bad reactions to the soap like I have with others.
With the Gem g bar, I used a Gem SS personna blade. It was the second shave with this blade. I used it the other day in my OCMM. So I used the G bar the same way I have used my MM and OCMM and the shave is no were near as close. But that isn't the problem. My face hurts in some spots. I did not get cut, and there is no visible razor burn. But in a couple different spots it just hurts. I am thinking it is from the razor not the soap because it is not my entire face, just a few select spots.
Does anyone else have bad experiences with this razor?

:cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing::cursing:

I don't know what happened today. I have been safety razor shaving for almost 5 months. Everything has been very good! Today I had the worst shave since the fifth day of DE shaving. The problem is, I do not know what to blame. When I try something for the first time, whether it be a brush, blade, razor or cream/soap I always make sure every other component of the shave is something that I know works for me, so there is only one variable. Today, I changed 2 things so I don't know what to really blame.
I used speick for the first time, and a Gem flat top g bar. The speick stick I soaked in warm/hot water for a minute or two before rubbing it on my face and face lathering with my brush. The lather looked really good, but for some reason, I had to load my brush to have enough soap before my second and third pass. My face didn't seen to have any bad reactions to the soap like I have with others.
With the Gem g bar, I used a Gem SS personna blade. It was the second shave with this blade. I used it the other day in my OCMM. So I used the G bar the same way I have used my MM and OCMM and the shave is no were near as close. But that isn't the problem. My face hurts in some spots. I did not get cut, and there is no visible razor burn. But in a couple different spots it just hurts. I am thinking it is from the razor not the soap because it is not my entire face, just a few select spots.
Does anyone else have bad experiences with this razor?

I've never used that razor, but I think I see your problem. You broke your own perfectly good rule. Now, go back and try that soap with a razor you are already familiar with. If no problems, then try the Gem g bar again.

I've never used that razor, but I think I see your problem. You broke your own perfectly good rule. Now, go back and try that soap with a razor you are already familiar with. If no problems, then try the Gem g bar again.

I will definitely try the soap again. If everything goes ok, don't know if I will try the g bar again.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
on the second and third passes, a couple more swipes of the stick on your face should do the trick. Speick is turning me into a face latherer, because I get great feedback as to whether the lather is too dry.

Top Bottom