What's new

Refurbishing DE Blades

I recently found a stack of 11 used Personna 74's in the basement. Is there any possibility of re-sharpening/refurbishing these blades after I sterilize them? Is it even worth the effort? Thanks in advance.

my vote would be no. once you start doing anything to them you'll wear down whatever high tech coating they put on them and thats what helps keep the blade nice and smooth. once thats gone it'll feel like you tore a chunk off of a pepsi can, flattened it out, put an edge on it and shave with.

of course i could be wrong.

You are trying to resharpen one of the hardest metals Tungsten. Do you have a diamond honing system and stropper. Plus you will lose the Titanium outer coating on the blade.

Nice joke, but stick with fresh blades! :001_tongu

Instead of using the blades, I would make like a nice chain and remove the sharpness from the blades. You can make a nice art craft with them.

OR better yet... PIF them...:lol::dots:

I recently found a stack of 11 used Personna 74's in the basement. Is there any possibility of re-sharpening/refurbishing these blades after I sterilize them? Is it even worth the effort? Thanks in advance.

I guess you can re-sharpen them, but you have to invest in some nice coticules first. You can get a nice one for several hundreds bucks. :) :lol:

Last edited:
Top Bottom