What's new

Castle & Forbes vs Trufitt & Hill

Man that's close, but you really can't go wrong. Those two are as good as it gets (IMHO). My point of reference would be the Lime (it's the only CF I've tried). I think CF maybe gives you a little better glide, but I actually prefer the scent of the T&H. They are both great though.

I had some experience of T&H a year ago before switching to soaps. With CF in rotation, I can definitely say CF is better

I cannot get Castle Forbes to lather worth a crap. T&H lathers very well for me. Therefore, my vote goes to T&H, hands down!

I use both in my rotation and its a toss up. T&H has the edge in the scent department but I do get slightly better shaves with CF when I use their pre shave along with their creams.

FYI, it's "Castle Forbes" (i.e., private perfumery at the castle of the Forbes clan in Scotland, where the toiletries are produced), without an &. And I'd personally vote for CF...I can get a nice-looking lather out of T&H, but it's really never done that much performance-wise for me, and I find it dries out too quickly. Plus, the CF lime just smells that good! :lol:

As others have mentioned, you can't really go wrong. Both top shelf companies. T&H was my first plunge into wet shaving and I have never looked back. I do absolutely love CF products as well.

A week ago I may have said CF, but a few days ago I had one of the best shaves ever and it was with T&H Lavender.

Top Bottom