What's new

Stiffest, Firmest, Toughest Boar....

What brush am I looking for???

I want something with soft tips but ridiculous amounts of spine!!!

Is there such a creature yet?

Who exactly is The King of such beasts??? :biggrin1:

The Semogue 620 is soft but scrubby (definitely not scratchy) and super backbone. The 1438 is the same knot but a little cheaper because of the wood handle.

Maybe a 2-band Chubby or Stubby. I have one of each. Ridiculously soft tips with backbones on steroids. My Stubby has the softer tips, and the Chubby has more spine. Probably varies from brush to brush.

Post a wtb for a Boreal 976

Had the Boreal976, Tough to break in and it Blew the Middle of the knot ~2 months of use :thumbdown, I purchased a TGN Marbled Acrylic Handle & Blond Boar; 20mm knot, ~62mm total length.

I boared :001_rolle the hole depth to ~3/4" and the loft is 45.5mm +/- 1mm, LOTS of Backbone. The Boar is a Vulifix and WILL KNOT :001_rolle be restocked when sold out.

I re-knotted my Root Beer Colored Old Spice Handle with another Boar; 22mm knot, 52 loft. Looks nice, but I have some white areas on the brush tried Bar Keepers Friend, Scrubbing Bubbles and White Vinegar before re-knotting but those stains won't go AWAY.

The Red/White Brush is a Canadian Mohawk with Original Badger. Looks like it was NEVER used, I lathered it once, but it Sheds like a Collie :lol:. I'm thinking a Black Badger would look sharp, opinions?

Top Bottom