What's new

question for night shavers/morning shavers

I really enjoy showering and shaving at night after everything has settled down in the house. My weekday mornings are simply too chaotic and stressful to get an enjoyable DE shave, unless I get up at 6, which I just can't bring myself to do everyday.

But I like to go to work completely smooth. Do any of you DE shave at night and then do a quick single-pass chave the next morning with an M3 or Fusion? I've found this to be a good solution, but I don't want to bother with building a lather in the morning either. What is a good brushless cream?

That seems like all the time investments of DE shaving with all the chance of ingrowns and irritation of cartridge shaving. :bored:

I bet you are still pretty smooth in the morning. Maybe this extra effort is not making a noticeable difference. Just my 2c.

Nope. I allot the time I need to get my morning shave in. I enjoy the shave much more than I do an extra 15 to 20 minutes of sleep. I can sleep when I am dead.

Nope. I allot the time I need to get my morning shave in. I enjoy the shave much more than I do an extra 15 to 20 minutes of sleep. I can sleep when I am dead.

+1 I even use that same last line with people when they ask about the extra time...weird

I shave at night, too, but my face is still smooth enough for me the next morning.

If you're going to touch it up with a morning chave, I might try Aveeno (the one with oatmeal) or Cremo Cream as brushless options. I liked them fine enough before switching to traditional wetshaving.

I can sleep when I am dead.

I sleep like the dead. Does that count? :wink2:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I can't bring myself to shave at night. I like to start the day with a relaxing shave when the house is quiet. When my day starts off this way it puts me in a good mood- and if I start the day in a good mood the day generally goes well. I actually look forward to waking up now (although I think my co-workers are sick of hearing about what a good shave I had today :laugh:)

I do a single pass WTG and ATG if I am running late and go to teach with a DFS, weekends are a different story and I spend as long as I want shaving
ken

Sometimes I need to do a second shave - but it usually at night when I have an evening engagement. Then it is a simple two pass shave WTG and XTG with minor touch ups. My first shave is BBS - but I don't strive for that the second time around.

I'm an evening/night shaver. Around my place, that it the time when I can relax and go for something between a DFS and BBS. It isn't as smooth in the morning as it was the night before, but it is still better than any electric can deliver (and my beard grows FAST). Is it a case of you actually seeing stubble in the morning or just that it isn't the fine smooth skin of the night before. Look at those around you. I'll bet that until midafternoon you're still the smoothest guy around. Put away the carts and relax.

Morning time is me time, it's the only time I have to myself while everyone is still asleep. I get up, work out, shower, shave, then breakfast and coffee.

I am a before bed shaver findine ng I can relaxe spend more time and enjoy the experience In the morning I do a quick one pass or two depending on time. Seems to work ok

I shave at night because I can't drag myself out of bed at 6am, too.
Generally, my 5 o clock shadow is, quite literally, just that. I have nothing left in the morning to shave. Slow growth? Feathers just perform too well?

I really enjoy showering and shaving at night after everything has settled down in the house. My weekday mornings are simply too chaotic and stressful to get an enjoyable DE shave, unless I get up at 6, which I just can't bring myself to do everyday.

But I like to go to work completely smooth. Do any of you DE shave at night and then do a quick single-pass chave the next morning with an M3 or Fusion? I've found this to be a good solution, but I don't want to bother with building a lather in the morning either. What is a good brushless cream?

Now, your just looking for an excuse to have an extra shave!
Atta Boy! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I shave at 11pm at night after a nice shower and take my time. I HATE getting up in the morning. I used to go in to work at 10am until my boss got too pissed off at me. it's not like the mice and microscopes care what time I am there.... most of my coworkers have 10 day old beards and shave once or twice a month. scientists are not attractive people. so even shaving at night and having a slight bit of stubble in the morning is way smoother than anyone else in the lab.

I've been getting to work at 6 AM, so up at 5, for the last few months. I have been shaving at night. I always strive for BBS. My my morning face is not BBS, but it seems just fine to get me through the day.

This morning I was getting to work around 8, so up at 6 for the morning shave.

Can't believe how much I have missed the morning shave. Love the entire morning shower/shave routine. Fresh shave, post-alum, Thayers, Atkinson's Lavender -- just a great way to start the morning.

I have a door-to-door commute of 90 minutes, following the ordeal of getting two kids (8and 5) dressed, fed and out the door by 8:15 with brushed teeth, clean ears, packed lunches and without my son killing his little sister. By the time I get to work, my mood is pretty foul regardless.

I like the relaxing night shower/shave because it feels like a reward for getting through another long day. Plus I get to go to bed smelling like A/V or Clubman! I have a sensitive face, so I've scaled back my 4-pass pursuit of BBS and have put away the Feathers for the time-being. I'm now doing 3 passes (WTG, XTG and WTG j-hooks) with the Wilkinson Swords. I'd say I usually go to bed with a DFS+ and wake up with a DFS/DFS-. The truth is the single-pass morning chave hasn't done much. But it could be due to not changing carts often enough.

Top Bottom