What's new

WhippedDog Silvertips

I bought a $15 Silvertip from Larry at WhippedDog for a handle I have and it is the nicest feeling knot I own. I set it low for some backbone and its still like so soft you can't feel it through the lather it creates. Great knot and a tremendous value. Thanks Larry!
The knot is a Silvertip 22/65 that I set to 50mm loft.Its perfect to me.

Last edited:
Yeah I bought myself a Chubby and then I ordered this knot to check it out. I don't think I would have ordered the Chubby if I tried this first. I have a Chubby2 and its so damn big I wanted somethin smaller. This silvertip from Larry is plusher than my chubby2.

I might try these for my next set of restores...

but I really really like my TGN knots...so many decisions.

I thought that perhaps his knots were the same as the ones at The Golden Nib, but I never actually asked.

Edit: That's a good thing, by me - they're good knots if that's the case.

I don't know but the one I received is nice. It wasn't noticeably trimmed though I would have to think some shaping occured.

I think I ordered a 28mm and a 30mm to be included in his next order.

I am looking to have them put into some custom handles yet to be designed.

What can I say, I am hooked on big knots.

And a 30mm is a big knot for sure. Wow that would cover my entire cheek. I don't think there enough room on my chubby cheeks to face lather a knot that size.In any case I am sure you will be pleased. If not Larry will make it right. Thats just the man he is.

Nice brush Scott! I agree that Larry is a great guy to deal with and stands behind what you get from him.

I purchased a badger knot in fine from whipped dog and was very pleased. I think they offer the best prices around!

Top Bottom