What's new

Wet Shaving in Hawaii

Hawaii, whilst a wonderful place to live is not too big on specialty stores. What's more, a lot of companies will not ship alcohol-based AS or other foreign-made products OCONUS. Does anyone know of brick-and-mortar stores on Oahu or the neighbor islands where one can enjoy all things wet-shaving?

Just left in July '10. I had very little B&M luck. I got a few things for super cheap when the C&E at Ala Moana closed, but that doesn't do you any good now. Please report back if you find anything good, as there's a good chance I may move back there in a couple years.

On a side note: an annoyance when using the B/S/T here are the number of people that make "CONUS only" requirements, and then specify their shipping method as USPS. Aside from the alcohol-based restrictions, I shipped plenty of stuff to and from Hawaii for the same price as CONUS. I suspect many people forget that USPS serves AK and HI pretty much the same as TX, CA, and NY.

There are a few L'Occitane stores on Oahu. One in Ala Moana, close to Sears, and one in the Royal Hawaiian shops were you can get Cade shaving soap and aftershave balm. There is also Island Soap and Candleworks in the Royal Hawaiian shops, and at Ward Center, they make nice shaving soaps. Shirokiya at Ala Moana has some nice Japanese aftershaves such as Lucido, Shiseido, and Mandom. Nordstrom and Sephora at Ala Moana carry Art of Shaving products. Neiman Marcus carries Creed shave soaps and Acqua di Parma shave cream. Don Quijote has blades, both injector and de. As far as razors, I was able to find a few nice vintage Gillette razors at local antique shops the last time I was there.

Last edited:
Hawaii has a few places but not really a big selection. A makeup store, sephora has AOS products as well as a few others. I got some real shaving co shaving cream and AS from Ross. I haven't found any just shaving companies here that have a big selection. Most of my stuff I just order online.

Ala Moana shopping center also has/had a Crabtree & Evelyn shop as of about two years ago. Had creams, cologne and aftershave; don't remember looking for soaps. Also, somewhere on Oahu there is a Whole Foods; didn't go there so can't say where but it will be on the net.

Shaving_CHENG, have you tried the NEX? They have some stuff, albeit not exactly a wide selection. If you are ever in the Middle East you maybe able to finds some stuff over there. If you know somebody that has lived over there, they may know some places...if they aren't shut-down. I'm just sayin'; I'm just tryin' to help. Tell me how it goes for you.

I've been to the NEX at Pearl. I wouldn't expect much there. However, CHENG, I'm sure there are members who would be happy to help you out. Put together a wishlist, and I for one would be happy to get it together & ship it to you. (USPS restrictions considered, of course).

Also, make sure to visit here to pick up your Active Duty tag. Welcome aboard!

Top Bottom