What's new

Military-style watch

Gents, I have been gunning (no pun intended) for a "Military-style" watch for some time, but there are so many out there I thought some of you fine gentlemen could give me some recommendations.

It'll be worn as an everyday watch (i.e. I don't actually need it for any military applications) both casual and to the office.

I'd like to spend under $1,000. Auto, winding, quartz doesn't matter.

I recently came across CWC watches, which look pretty sweet, aren't too expensive and were/are in actual military use with the British navy.

Thanks in advance!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited:
I have a GSAR-it is a real, issued mil spec automatic watch. Built like a tank and really quite good looking and in your price range. Check out Countycomm.com for actual issue mil spec watches at great prices!!

There is a difference between a "military" watch and a dive watch. The Hamilton pictured is military the Marathon is a dive watch. Many outfits make military type watches. Seiko makes a few as does Citizen and Sinn makes some and of course the Hamilton Kakki line. If you don't care about movement type I would get quartz.

There is a difference between a "military" watch and a dive watch. The Hamilton pictured is military the Marathon is a dive watch. Many outfits make military type watches. Seiko makes a few as does Citizen and Sinn makes some and of course the Hamilton Kakki line. If you don't care about movement type I would get quartz.

Yep. Military watches usually have 24 hour markers on the dial or bezel.

I've been happy with Luminox which is in your price range. Many "luminous" watches have pretty wimpy light output but theirs are nice and bright.

Legion

Staff member
CWC make a non dive watch which is issued to the British regular army, and it is not too expensive, although not as tough as that dive watch you show.

There is a citizen that has the military look along with eco drive technology.

I have the Marathon GSAR and don't regret my purchase one bit! Its an amazing watch! I was torn between a LumTec B6 and the GSAR but went with the GSAR due to water resistance and price. I don't think you could go wrong with either one!

This watch was advertised as military style. Style is quite subjective. Anyone can claim to be "Swiss Army" or "Special Ops". Text is cheap. So is this watch, by the way.

Top Bottom