What's new

Phoenix/Mesa area

I will be taking my first trip to Arizona for work and will be in the Phoenix/Mesa area for a week. Any places are just a can't miss while I am down there?

You're in luck, the weather is perfect now. If you can get to Sedona it is beautiful; the Grand Canyon of course but it is a longer drive. I like Taliesin West for architecture, the new Musical Instrument Museum, the Heard Museum downtown for native culture. You may still be able to get spring training baseball tickets. Roosevelt Dam is cool and the scenery is neat. The Phoenix Art Museum is excellent. If you want to do genealogy research the LDS library in downtown Mesa is very unique. I think there is still a fighter plane museum in Mesa. The gallery district in old town Scottsdale is neat.

Doubt I will be able to get spring training tickets since today is Opening day.. but thanks for the info on the other places. Not sure how much time I will have or "homework" from my training to enjoy sites but am going to try and make the most of my time down there.

what kind of things are you into music, art, scenery,ect..

Pretty much anything that will expand my experiences as I love learning. Though I am going with about 8 other co workers so it may end up being a more democratic type of selection while down there ( though I have the keys to the rental car so they are all at my mercy :devil:)

Top Bottom