SRP razors are HERE! PICS!

Arrived 2 days ago, picked up today!!!
full

see the gallery for a few more pics....
Anyone else yet?
John P

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, John!!

I was SO close to ordering and I just didn't have the funds at the time.

Please let us know (if you shave with it) how it shaves!!

I'm not a member of the straight razor place, my company firewall won't let me get to their site, but how much were they selling for?

Nice looking razor!

Yes they are pretty...
I bought two. One of them the print didn't quite all print....lol it has Lynn Abr.....on the back. So IT is the one I will be using to shave. I gave it a test shave this morning, it will need a little work, as it pulls right now, but its pretty close. FWIW the only straight razors I've gotten shave ready new from the box were Dovo's....which I guess is not the norm for alot of guys....
I'll work on it a little more this evening.
As for the price, when we pre-ordered the prices were a little less, but since the minimum order wasn't met, Ray at classic had to eat a lot of the costs, so the ones available now are a little more, but still not a bad deal. edit: check Ray's site and look at limited edition razors for the current price and ordering instructions.
John P.

Hmm....Howard are you making fun of my photography? LOL I took like 24 shots of the damn thing, allof them whited out by the flash, or color changed by the exposure....that was the ONLY shot that let the print come through. Mine are Nos. 53 and 54(pictured).....
John P

Hmm....Howard are you making fun of my photography? LOL I took like 24 shots of the damn thing, allof them whited out by the flash, or color changed by the exposure....that was the ONLY shot that let the print come through. Mine are Nos. 53 and 54(pictured).....
John P

Hell no! I too don't have the "knack" of digital photography. My comment wasn't as much about your picture as what's IN the picture. Remember - I was on the verge of ordering two of these way back when...

I'm enjoying them vicariously through you! :wink:

JohnP said:
Yes they are pretty...
I bought two. One of them the print didn't quite all print....lol it has Lynn Abr.....on the back. So IT is the one I will be using to shave. I gave it a test shave this morning, it will need a little work, as it pulls right now, but its pretty close. FWIW the only straight razors I've gotten shave ready new from the box were Dovo's....which I guess is not the norm for alot of guys....
I'll work on it a little more this evening.
As for the price, when we pre-ordered the prices were a little less, but since the minimum order wasn't met, Ray at classic had to eat a lot of the costs, so the ones available now are a little more, but still not a bad deal. edit: check Ray's site and look at limited edition razors for the current price and ordering instructions.
John P.

That razor appears to be awfully neat! Are you sure it isn't made in China and of poor quality? :lol:

Seriously - cool razor, and let us know how it shaves!

Well Sunday is the last day I work this week, so I should have some time to tune up the edge on it, I'll let you guys know. Personally I like the razor, but will reserve judgement on the shave until then. The blade is polished to a mirror shine, so no doubt it is made in China or Pakistan, and chrome plated, with cheap pine handles made in Mexico.....Made in France indeed....isn't "France" a small industrial city in Xhangiou province? Right next to where child laborers club cats, raccoons, and other such animals to label it "Manchurian High Mountain White" and sell to Simpson....(after a Chinese priest duly "converts" the animals into RARE high mountain badgers...)
LOL
I'll post more about it later. These are still available, but for a little more than originally asked during the pre-buy. Joel I'm sure you remember kindof what happened, what with everyone suddenly wanting multicolored gilted handles or damascus steel blades with the individual member's name forged into the blade by magical gnome bladesmiths, etc etc "I would buy it but I don't like the wood, or the blade, or why can't it be made by XXXX...."
I'm not sure you can tell by the pictures, but the words in the scales are actually routed out of the wood, not printed.
I'm rambling.
more later,
John P.

Top Bottom