What's new

Hello from Toronto (eh)

Hi All!

I'm new around here. Started using a boar brush a couple years ago with my mach three with some TOBS creams that I brought home from London. Starting to think that it's time to take the next step and try DE shaving. Finding getting into things a bit intimidating!

I've been watching eBay and have developed entirely inappropriate feelings towards adjustable fatboy's - but i've seen them go for over a hundred dollars in good shape. How much should i be paying - or should I abandon my quest and get something else? Anyhow - i'm happy to be here and hope to get to know some of you better. Many Toronto locals around here?

Welcome to B&B from the west end of the country.
You shouldn't pay more than 50 for a cased fatboy in good condition. I only paid 35 for a cased one with only a few cosmetic flaws. Keep your eye on the BST here as that will most likely get you your best deal.

Welcome to the forum.

There are many good shavers to be had and they aren't necessarily fatboys. Those prices are just insane! Any Superspeed will give a good shave, and so will SE GEM razors. The GEMs are probably easier to get a good shave with, not that a superspeed is difficult.

You should be able to get a very useable black handle SS for $10-$15 US. It's possibly the most reasonably priced DE razor going and does a fine job.

You'll also get good value from the b/s/t forum.

Of course there are new razors too, and not all of them are expensive.

Yay, Canadians!

If brassing doesn't drive you crazy, hunt around for those that aren't in pristine condition. The price drops a lot when a razor isn't super shiny.

I just got back from the b/s/t forum below and there are black handle SSs in great shape down there for $15. You might be able to persuade someone to ship to Canada; it's only a buck more and requires a custom label, no big deal.

Welcome to B&B from a wee bit south of the border. Hmmmm. Fat boys. I got an uncased but nice one for less than 50 on the bay. I kept looking for one on the BST here, but was never fast enough to claim one.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Welcome to B&B! I paid $60 for my nice uncased Fat Boy off the bay, which was way too much, but I was an eager noob. If you don't find a FB at a good price, you may want to consider a Slim adjustable, which if you are patient, you can usually find at a better price than a FB. They are very similar and some who have both prefer the Slim to the FB.

Hey there, I don't live in Toronto anymore, but was living there for many years prior to leaving 5 years ago, now I'm just north of Guelph.

Welcome!

Top Bottom