What's new

For those who buzz their heads...

I take a clippers to my head every few days (about a #2 on my clippers) for my "hair-style." For those of you who do the same thing, with what do clean the remaining hair on your head (and scalp)?

When my hair is short (and not long a slicked or pomp'd or whatever) I just wash it with my bar soap (QCS, Yardley's, etc.) or shampoo, or body wash (if I am using that).

I use a little hair tonic after my shower, and that's it.

I've been using clippers (no attachments) for a few years now. I wash my head with body wash. I lather it up in my hands and scrub.

Been shaving my head down to 000 guard for a while now. I use Dr. Bronner's peppermint liquid soap, the one with all the crazy talk in fine print on the label (DILUTE, OK! etc.). That's my all-in-one hand soap, body wash, shampoo. Does a nice job on my slim adjustable when the shaving residue starts to build up, too.

I buzz down to #1 or #1/2 depending on how warm the weather has been.

I wash my head with Yardley's soap from whatever dollar shop is around.

I've found Oatmeal and Almond, English Lavendar, and Lemon Verbena (with Shea Butter) locally and got a bar of Cucumber and Aloe from Amazon as a filler.
Yardley's website claims it has Pomegranate Rose and Cocoa Butter as an option now as well.

http://www.yardleylondon.com/index.php?cPath=33

I buzz down to #1 or #1/2 depending on how warm the weather has been.

I wash my head with Yardley's soap from whatever dollar shop is around.

I've found Oatmeal and Almond, English Lavendar, and Lemon Verbena (with Shea Butter) locally and got a bar of Cucumber and Aloe from Amazon as a filler.
Yardley's website claims it has Pomegranate Rose and Cocoa Butter as an option now as well.

http://www.yardleylondon.com/index.php?cPath=33

Wish I could find the Lemon locally...only can find the Lavender and the Oatmeal/Almond (they're great too, but I'm a citrus junky).

SWMBO absolutely hates it that I use a #1 blade on my head. She's under the mistaken impression that, if I grew it out, I'd look like Fabio.:blink: The biggest problem that I have is some dry flaking due to hard water and the fact that I like VERY hot showers. It's not sever, just bothersome. I'm trying some Mystic Water shampoo bars and a vinegar rinse. Too soon to tell but I really like the shampoo bar. If I get any kind of hat hair, it's time for a buzz.

I shave with #0 guard. then, use whatever soap is in the shower on it. Lately, that is mama bear's Aged Spice bar soap.

My hair is always buzzed down to 1/4 of an inch (6mm). As for what kind of soap/shampoo/product I use, It doesn't matter and I will use what ever is on hand. I don't notice much of a difference at all in what I use because of how short the hair is.

Basically I think as long as you don't have dry scalp or dandruff then most of the more expensive and fancy hair products don't do much of any thing when your hair is that short and being trimmed down every other week.

I have been buzzing my head on 1-1/2 lately (it is what I use to trim my goatee). If I like it (that short), I may continue buzzing it once a week.

WRT shampoo, I use JR Liggett shampoo bars. Recently, though, I have been using a puck of VdH Deluxe shave soap (with aloe and shea butter) with good results as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Mike

Legion

Staff member
I just got a number 1 a couple of days ago as a result of being too tight to pay for a haircut and letting SWMBO have a go at it. :001_rolle

I've just kept using regular shampoo, but I need a lot less of it.

Top Bottom