What's new

Badgers? I don' need no stinkin' Badgers...

Actually, I'm looking forward to getting my first. Should be here this week...

proxy.php

Thanks to my buddy, Holzie for turning me on to this place. I've been DE shaving for about a week and loving it. Lots of products on the way. Scored a birthyear slim last weekend and just yesterday my Mom tells me she has my Dad's razor, all cleaned up and polished! I've been shaving for nearly 30 years, why she has not told me until now, I'll never know...

Here is a quick pic of my kit in the interim. Still using up my foam, witch hazel, styptic stick, and I have a drugstore puck of Williams soap in the mug...
proxy.php

I love the little deco blade repository in our 1925 medicine cabinet...

proxy.php

All Best Wishes,
Mark P. aka boyofsummer

Last edited:
Welcome to the B. Nice kit!

Do you have practice lather sessions while you are using up your foam? This has saved many of us from frustration trying to build the first lather when we want to get on with the shaving.

Welcome aboard. I have a brush and razor like yours and both should serve you well. If I could ad a suggestion - the Williams is something I also use, but getting a good lather out of it can be tricky, especially for a beginner or if you have hard water. You might want to go to your local pharmacy/department store/super market and see if you can pick up a puck of Van Der Hagen soap to try. It's a good performer and easier to use, in my opinion. You could come back to the Williams once your lather making is going fine.

Thanks, Eric.

I don't have practice lather sessions per se, but it's nice just to be able to reapply quickly between passes. Since I am badgerless, I have been bringing the Williams into the shower with me and giving myself a good citronella scrub with it. Then I am using some random oil blend of my wife's as a bit of preshave oil. When I am good and prepped, I use the foam as I always have. As an noob to DE wet shaving, I have always felt the bargain Barbasol with Aloe or Menthol, do a decent job of lathering and feel good on my face. I was never into the goops and gels. I'm stoked to be receiving all the best stuff per all yalls recommendations: Proraso, Tabac and T&H sampler.

Best,
Mark

Top Bottom