What's new

Ever wanted to read a $950 book?

I don't know if downloading stuff goes against some of your guys code of ethics... But here's a rare book for download.

Penetration by Ingo Swann
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=10T3DY66

http://www.amazon.com/Penetration-Question-Extraterrestrial-Human-Telepathy/dp/0966767403

Ingo Swann was one of the guys who had success in the Stanford remote viewing projects. I think he even worked for the CIA as a remote viewer at one time.

Whether you read or not, you can know you're getting a 950 dollar book for free.

Mods- if this is "inappropriate", please go ahead and delete. Just figured everyone should get a chance to read a book that they couldn't afford/wouldn't bother with if they had the money.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Why didn't he collect that million smackers from the Amazing Randi? I guess he's not allowed to use his magical "powers" for self gain (number one excuse of leading charlatans).

The man who came closest to collecting was Dr. Arthur B. Lintgen, who was able to "read" vinyl records. By combining a compendious knowledge of classical music with a keen eye and a lot of patience, he taught himself how to identify musical passages simply by looking at the record. He readily admits that he possesses no paranormal ability, much to the chagrin of the media.

And if you think $950 is a lot for a book, I guess you haven't priced any first edition Gutenberg bibles lately. :lol:

Why didn't he collect that million smackers form the Amazing Randi? I guess he's not allowed to use his magical "powers" for self gain (number one excuse of leading charlatans).

The man who came closest to collecting was Dr. Arthur B. Lintgen, who was able to "read" vinyl records. By combining a compendious knowledge of classical music with a keen eye and a lot of patience, he taught himself how to identify musical passages simply by looking at the record. He readily admits that he possesses no paranormal ability, much to the chagrin of the media.

And if you think $950 is a lot for a book, I guess you haven't priced any first edition Gutenberg bibles lately. :lol:

He might be a fake in Randi's eyes but hey... The CIA has been employing remote viewers for quite some time. Whether you personally believe in paranormal and ESP or not, the fact the CIA does says a lot.... mainly that they are either very smart or very dumb.

And who knows about Swann's financial status... perhaps a million dollars is drops in a bucket to him. I dunno how well the CIA pays. He's obviously got some money if people were readily paying over a grand for his book.

Old bibles don't count... because I can pick up my current bible and be reading the same thing :laugh: (I think I'd be reading the same thing. or haven't the stories in the bibles changed? I thought I remember hearing that on the history channel, how entire stories have been added/taken out when comparing the current bible to the ancient texts)

The Randi challenge, while totally off topic is pretty funny. I've heard stories of people spending ALL their money just to travel to him, and then being sent away with nothing when they realize they aren't really special.

Hey, I don't know if this is off-topic or not, as it seems paranormal to me, but it is somewhat shave related: Has anyone here ever used pyramids to sharpen their razor blades? I'm sure we could save hundreds . . . errr, . . . tens of dollars a year by putting our dulled blades under a pyramid. No? Even Dr. Gene Scott had a thing for pyramids . . . :alien:

ouch

Hey, I don't know if this is off-topic or not, as it seems paranormal to me, but it is somewhat shave related: Has anyone here ever used pyramids to sharpen their razor blades? I'm sure we could save hundreds . . . errr, . . . tens of dollars a year by putting our dulled blades under a pyramid. No? Even Dr. Gene Scott had a thing for pyramids . . . :alien:

Pyramids? No.

Pyramid systems? Yes.

Pyramid schemes? Talk to my lawyer.

I guess this is on topic, but the University of Oklahoma has a collection of bibles that contains some Gutenbergs (I'm not sure if they are first edition, but they are damn old). Their History of Science collection also contains Galileo's "Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems" with his own handwriting in it annotating what the Catholic Church wanted him to change. It is worth over $1mil and just about anybody can go up there and look at, hold, and read it. I did.

Why didn't he collect that million smackers from the Amazing Randi? I guess he's not allowed to use his magical "powers" for self gain (number one excuse of leading charlatans).

Randi is the biggest charlatan of them all! To dismiss something out of hand as he does is crass ignorance! IMHO! Oh and not all of us who do this are in it for the money, God knows if I was I would do something else! We all have our truth to follow, if we don't we become subservient sheep and that is what the likes of Randi and governments want! Randi's opinions differ from mine. he is entitled to his just as I am mine. This is the first time I have written on Mr Randi and will be the last. Just because his voice is the loudest does not mean it is correct!

ouch

I guess this is on topic, but the University of Oklahoma has a collection of bibles that contains some Gutenbergs (I'm not sure if they are first edition, but they are damn old). Their History of Science collection also contains Galileo's "Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems" with his own handwriting in it annotating what the Catholic Church wanted him to change. It is worth over $1mil and just about anybody can go up there and look at, hold, and read it. I did.

I think it's on topic. The thread is "ever want to read a $950 book?". Why would it be off topic to point out that $950 for a book, to quote Hyman Roth, is small potatoes? When someone drops a grand for this nonsense, or millions for an Andy Warhol, for that matter, it underscores the intrinsic worth of really valuable works.

Randi is the biggest charlatan of them all! To dismiss something out of hand as he does is crass ignorance! IMHO! Oh and not all of us who do this are in it for the money, God knows if I was I would do something else! We all have our truth to follow, if we don't we become subservient sheep and that is what the likes of Randi and governments want! Randi's opinions differ from mine. he is entitled to his just as I am mine. This is the first time I have written on Mr Randi and will be the last. Just because his voice is the loudest does not mean it is correct!

Boy, that came out of left field.

Okay, please explain what's wrong with the Amazing Randi. He offers no extraordinary claim. To the contrary, he offers a hefty reward to anyone who makes an extraordinary claim that they can back up. I would think this would encourage anyone possessed of supernatural gifts to come forward and claim their place in history, as well as reward them for their gift.

NB: As a disclaimer, I should note that I have personally been tested by the Amazing Randi. Unfortunately, due to a misreading of the fine print, I failed to collect the prize. Apparently, my attempt to recreate my famous trick, "walking through wall in peyote induced stupor", was deemed insufficient, as I only made it through the first layer of sheet rock.

I kind of have to agree with ouch.

Randi has quite a mind... The thing people don't like about him, I think, is that he isn't college educated. He has a way with reason and logic that has made some very well-respected university professors stand up and leave the room.

In all the Randi-challenge tests I've read about, he doesn't put the person at a huge disadvantage IF they are as 'special' as they say they are. And, from what I recall, Randi himself ISN'T the one to test people. He comes up with the plan to test "Person A's" claim and lets other people actually run the test. From the ones I've read about, none of his tests were unfair... And let's not forget about he demolished so-called pyschic Uri Geller and Sylvia Browne. I mean he really embarassed them, lol.

You are correct though ianmedium, he is a charlatan.

In closing, a small story of Randi-

Randi was once accused of actually using 'psychic powers' to perform acts such as spoon bending. James Alcock relates this incident which occurred at a meeting where Randi was duplicating the performances of Uri Geller. A professor from the State University of New York at Buffalo shouted out that Randi was a fraud. Randi said "Yes indeed, I'm a trickster, I'm a cheat, I'm a charlatan, that's what I do for a living. Everything I've done here was by trickery." The professor shouted back: "That's not what I mean. You're a fraud because you're pretending to do these things through trickery, but you're actually using psychic powers and misleading us by not admitting it." :blink:

Yes, a charlatan indeed. :lol:

edit- I wish the videos of his "Psychic Investigators" were still on the internet. You'd have a hoot with them. He actually invited so called psychics on his show, let them do their thing, and then showed how they were mere parlor tricks.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Oh man, that guy probably NEVER had a date! :blink:

Top Bottom