What's new

How clean is clean?

We have 7 in the home every other week, and with 1 shower, my time slot is in the evening (normally after 10pm). Because I shower so late in the day, and use either a Nivea scrub or Neutrogena clear bar on my face every night, I feel it's really clean. Now when I get up in the morning and start shaving its about 6:30am. I use a hot as I can stand cloth on my stubble for a couple of minutes and apply TOBS cream via a badger brush for a good 60-seconds too.

My question, should I be washing my face too? Thank you all for all your help.

I also wash my face at night, use WH then some Nivea creme.

In the morning, before I shave I generally wash my face with a glycerin soap and leave the soap on while I make my lather, once my lather is ready I rinse my face, lather up then start shaving.

I've stopped washing my face on the parts where I shave. Shaving every day is a hardcore facial scrub, and I don't need to wash in addition. I do use facial washes and scrubs on the rest of my face (forehead, nose, top cheeks).

Unless you have very oily skin, I don't think you need to wash in addition.

Erm, I might have misinterpreted your question. I do wash my face with warm water before every shave in some way, either shower or just normally.

Depends on your skin I shave after I shower in the evenings about 2-3 hours before I go to bed. I then put on my t-shirt and PJ lounge pants and slippers and spend the evening with the family.

Wash with mild soap and warm, not HOT, water. I believe the use of water or a towel that is too hot is asking for trouble. HOT is not necessary for proper preparation.

The idea is to remove oils (hence the soap) and saturate your beard, not to burn your skin.

Here is the answer to your question: No you shouldn't wash your face in the morning. Your face needs its natural oils to keep it from drying.

BlackBard - "too hot" of a towel may have been part of my problem today, that and too much pressure, razor burn like I haven't had in 25-years!

I wash my face before I shave, but not with anything too rough. I like to remove the oil and whatever to start with a clean slate, so to speak.

I usually shave after my morning shower. If I would want to shave later in the day, I would just spend time wetting my face, lathering, and then shave. Unless of course I had worked up a sweat, then I would shower and shave late in the day for an evening engagement.

Top Bottom