What's new

The Gentleman's Quarter - Top Notch

Hi Folks,

If you have not yet had the pleasure of trying Colleen's soaps, they are worth seeking out.

While I haven't tried all or even most of what's out there, I have tried more than a couple of soaps. Colleen's products currently rank among my favorite for scent, "latherability" and longevity.

The lather produced from these soaps is really something unique. It's quite slick as is that produced from most good soaps but it also remains more dense and heavy then the lather provided by many other products. When I inquired about the soap's specifics I was told that they are somewhat of a hybrid between a glycerin and cold process soap. Whatever the formulation, it works!

Additionally, the scents are very strong and lasting. For all those who favor a rich, deeply scented soap these fit the bill.

So far from The Gentleman's Quarter I have ordered:

Bay Rum w/ Sweet orange
Orange Patchouli
Leatherneck
Cavendish Black

If you haven't already, do yourself a favor and try these out. I would be amazed if you come away less than impressed.

It's good to see Colleen's name mentioned, here on B&B. I "discovered" her over on SRP, where she has "goddess" status. Her shaving soaps are also good :smile:

My two favorites are: Leatherneck and Desert Ironwood

Now I'm waiting for her to offer us matching colognes.

Between Colleen's shaving soaps, and Saint-Sue's shaving creams, I'm booked-up for my daily rotation. We're waiting for "The Gentlemen's Quarter" website to come on-line in a functional form (ya hear me, Colleen?).

Where can I get me some of these?

Don't say you weren't warned, but Colleen mixes something into her soaps and creams that throws some kind of Irish spell over you and you just want more of them. As stated, the lass doesn't have a web site yet so you have to email her and ask for the pdf product list and pricing/shipping/payment guides.

[email protected]

Don't say you weren't warned, but Colleen mixes something into her soaps and creams that throws some kind of Irish spell over you and you just want more of them. As stated, the lass doesn't have a web site yet so you have to email her and ask for the pdf product list and pricing/shipping/payment guides.

[email protected]

Without having to bother her... Is the PDF file at the top of this page the PDF in question?

http://www.badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=12309&highlight=Colleen's+soaps

Colleen makes some wonderful soaps and creams. Her scents are truely something else and I'm eagerly awaiting her colognes.

I remember when Colleen joined SER and SRP to learn about restoring her straight razors. She was already making bath soaps at that time. So I've been using her products from the start. Her soaps are my favorite glycerin soaps are my favorite glycerin soaps. Specifically Desert Ironwood and Cavendish Black. Very unique, manly scents, and the scents are just the icing on the cake.

Randy

Yep, I've emailed her asking the availability of the leatherneck, desert ironwood, cavendish black, oak 'n moss, and highlander soaps.

How lavendery is the Savon de Comte? Lavender is very "Bleh" in my opinion.

Yep, I've emailed her asking the availability of the leatherneck, desert ironwood, cavendish black, oak 'n moss, and highlander soaps.

How lavendery is the Savon de Comte? Lavender is very "Bleh" in my opinion.

It isn't. Much more of a lemon scent -- another great scent of hers IMO.

I have been using Colleen's soaps and creams for about 6 weeks.
In fact I used "Lime Margarita" today :thumbup:
I find myself grabbing her soaps more frequently - ahead of HBS and MB.
I have her "Desert Ironwood", "Savon de Comte", "Highlander" and the above mentioned "Lime Margarita". Her soaps are converting me from creams.
Her products rank (IMHO) alongside the tallow based soaps.
If you go to her website, which is under construction, she has a bunch of new items on the drawing boards. www.thegentlemensquarter.com

With her sampler pack, does she let you pick the flavors, or is it chef's choice?

I'd be confident that she would let you pick your preferences. Her customer service is also superlative.

If Colleen wasn't already married, I'd ask her to be my bride...think about it... a wife who can make top notch soaps!

Randy

Top Bottom