What's new

Single edge injector blades

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Do any companies other than Shick still make the single edge injector blade? So far they are the only one I've found, mostly at about $1 per blade; anyone know if they can be found cheaper? Just got an old ('60s) Schick Golden 500 Injector Razor with Case on BST and might actually use it. Brings back memories of shaving in the late '60s early '70s, 'til it died or got lost. I remember at one point getting Wilkinson Sword blades and thinking they were the sharpest thing on earth, but don't see that they still make them.

ASR still makes them but about the only place to get them is online at Ted Pella or EMSdiasum. They quit supplying them to retailers a year or so ago. The Schick blades are very good blades.

ASRs are very cheap, but you need to buy them in serious bulk numbers to avoid getting hit with enormous shipping charges. Also, they come in really cheap plastic housing that tends to fail pretty quickly - get used to moving all your blades by hand over to an old metal housing.

S

siliconmanc

On my dad's schick injector, he uses the "Personna Mini Hair Shaper Blades". It's a bit tricky to get the blade to the razor ( you will need a small screwdriver to "open" the razor), but it will do the job.

Last edited by a moderator:

captp

Just to be sure, I'm talking about this razor. Some of the blades you all suggested do not look like they were intended for this type of injector razor, particularly the mini hair shaper blades

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=199363&highlight=Schick+Golden+Injector+Razor+Case

This item at Amazon looks more like it would fit. I see what looks like the same blade for less at Williamsportbarber.com

http://www.amazon.com/Barber-Inject...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1301311306&sr=1-2

The Personna mini hair shaper blades are the same blades, but the injector cartridge lacks the key to open the razor gap so the blade can be inserted easily. It can be done but it's a pain. As someone else suggested, you can save the old Shick blade magazine and re-load it by hand with the Personnas - it's not hard to do, depress the spring with a small screwdriver or toothpick and slip them in.

Just to be sure, I'm talking about this razor. Some of the blades you all suggested do not look like they were intended for this type of injector razor, particularly the mini hair shaper blades

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=199363&highlight=Schick+Golden+Injector+Razor+Case

This item at Amazon looks more like it would fit. I see what looks like the same blade for less at Williamsportbarber.com

http://www.amazon.com/Barber-Inject...ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1301311306&sr=1-2

If you're talking about the Schick in the BST listing then all of the blades we suggested will work, even the mini shaper blades. They just have to be loaded into an injector dispenser or as silicommanc suggested by hand.

If you go to Ted Pella or EMSdiasum you should find the injectors in the white plastic dispenser listed for sale.

The ones on Amazon are also made by ASR.

captp

The Personna mini hair shaper blades are the same blades, but the injector cartridge lacks the key to open the razor gap so the blade can be inserted easily. It can be done but it's a pain. As someone else suggested, you can save the old Shick blade magazine and re-load it by hand with the Personnas - it's not hard to do, depress the spring with a small screwdriver or toothpick and slip them in.

If you're talking about the Schick in the BST listing then all of the blades we suggested will work, even the mini shaper blades. They just have to be loaded into an injector dispenser or as silicommanc suggested by hand.

If you go to Ted Pella or EMSdiasum you should find the injectors in the white plastic dispenser listed for sale.

The ones on Amazon are also made by ASR.

That's the Shick.
Looks like I need to hone my search skills. I think I was looking at the wrong blades. Nicer pricing, too. Thanks for the help.

One more question, if I may. If you've tried them which would you consider the better blade, Shick or ASR?

That's the Shick.
Looks like I need to hone my search skills. I think I was looking at the wrong blades. Nicer pricing, too. Thanks for the help.

One more question, if I may. If you've tried them which would you consider the better blade, Shick or ASR?

Schick.

You can get 28 for 70 cents a blade at Amazon. Pick the subscribe and save option on the right. You get an extra 15% off and free shipping.

You pick when you want an automatic refill sent (anytime between 1 and 6 months). You can, however cancel at anytime after the first shipment is sent, and not have any obligation or any more blades sent. It is very trouble free whether you keep the subscription or not. If you do keep it, you get a reminder email a couple of weeks before the next shipment, so it still is easy to cancel or delay the next shipment if you want. You always get free shipping on these orders.

http://www.amazon.com/Schick-Inject...VHUQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1301332870&sr=8-1

captp

You can get 28 for 70 cents a blade at Amazon. Pick the subscribe and save option on the right. You get an extra 15% off and free shipping.

[/url]

Thanks, I'll check it out when I get blades.

The schick blades are far superior to the pella ones in the white dispenser. Completely changed my attitude towards the injectors, i now use it all the time.

Top Bottom