What's new

Long handle safety razor

I have the EJ89L. I just sometimes feel like its so small but i think the quality is so good. I don't know what to do at this point because I feel like I would need a long handle that is about like 5 inches or above. I don't know if they even make those.

If you like the E.J. Head, why not choose one of their razors with a longer handle, such as the Chatsworth, Loxley, et al? Then there are rebranded versions, such as D.R. Harris.

I have the EJ89L. I just sometimes feel like its so small but i think the quality is so good. I don't know what to do at this point because I feel like I would need a long handle that is about like 5 inches or above. I don't know if they even make those.

CooncatBob can make you a beautiful handle in any length you want.

Here is a picture I took of the various handles that I like to use on my EJ.

From left:

Original handle, CCB Bullmastiff XL, Parker 91R, Merkur long thin style.

proxy.php

the merkur is only a tad bit longer than the EJ89L so I don't know if that is going to make a difference. how much longer is the merkur than that parker? How much does cooncatbob charge?

the merkur is only a tad bit longer than the EJ89L so I don't know if that is going to make a difference. how much longer is the merkur than that parker? How much does cooncatbob charge?

Each square in the grid is 1 inch. The longer handle makes a big difference for me, I find it easier to maintain my angle. And the added weight is a big plus, I find the balance to better for me with a heavier handle and blades glide through my bears with ease due to the extra weight.

Check out Bob site here:

https://sites.google.com/site/bobsrazorworks/razor-handles

Last edited:
do u think a 5.5 inch handle would be overkill? also which is better the parker or merkur u have?

For me 4 inches is just about right, and my hands are on the larger size. Personally 5.5 would be too long for me, but 5 could work. I like the thickness of the Parker handle. Thinner handle, which is actually a stainless Merkur copy, has deep knurling and is very easy to grip. If I had to choose I would be happy with only the Merkur copy.

Ikon Special Edition or the ATT Colossus. (Actually, I'm not answering your question, just mentioning my two favorite long handles which are IMO best made).

Last edited:
Top Bottom