What's new

favorite bay rum cologne?

Just curious what the favorite bay rum cologne after shave
of my fellow badger& blade members are with summer
approaching

For summer I like Bonny Doon/Meehans. It's more bay and very little spice. Burt's Bees is the best lasting Bay Rum I've tried but it's out of production and heavy on the spices and patchouli. Barclay Crocker does a nice Bay Rum sampler if you want to check a bunch of them out.

I'm recently trying Bay Rum A.S. and not sure if it's for me. For a long time, I've been using Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm and added Regular Clubman for some nice scent to carry me through the day.

Last week i picked up a bottle of Pinaud Clubman Bay Rum. Although it does a good job as an A.S. I think it's probably too spicy, clovey, Today, I found a Walgreens that carries Superior 70 which is lighter that the Pinaud. I think that I like it a better. But in all honesty, I need to try them both some more.

Someday when I'm near a Sally's Beauty supply, I'll try some Masters.

Right now, my favorite is Superior 70

I like Pinuad's Virgin Island Bay Rum........

But I LOVE Ogallala Bay Rum. Especially Ogallala Bay Rum & Sandalwood, though Bay Rum, Lime, & Peppercorns is pretty awsome too.

I've yet to find a bay rum that I love. I liked Ogallala bay rum, but it was very clovey? Didn't care for Dominica at all...it's BST bound, lol. I want to try the Pinaud, which reminds me that I should run out and pick it up tomorrow.

I'm not a bay rum fan at all, but Trumpers is about as straightforward as it gets. Initial Bay rum blast with a clove dry down. Lasts about 3-4 hours on me.

Ogallala Bay Rum Special Reserve is my favourite. All the Ogallala stuff that I've tried is good (I got the Bay Rum Bonanza package and I'm still working through it!). Lime and Peppercorn was great for what passed for summer here and the GF thinks the Sandalwood smells "rich as in wealthy". But for me it's the extra strong stuff.

I don't get the cloves thing at all. Raisins straight out of the bottle and a sweet spice (maybe raw vanilla?) but no cloves. I've smoked a few clove cigarettes (honestly, officer!) and I don't get either the before or after combustion clove scents from bay rum.

I'm also quite fond of the cheapo, buy-it-by-the-litre stuff my barber uses, but it only lasts a short while. That's a pity 'cause it was about $16 for 5 litres (about a gallon for those still on the old money) last time I looked...

For me it's Dominica.

proxy.php

Followed closely by Ogallala Special Reserve double strength and Limes & Peppercorns.

Top Bottom