What's new

Scuttles?

How many out there use a scuttle. I just purchased one about a couple weeks ago and am very happy with it. Keeps the lather warm. I bought it at Dirty Bird.

Attachments

• $2011-03-14_17-18-23_854 (2).jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 222

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
Received my Moss waterfall scuttle as a gift for Father's Day and have been using it ever since.

I could not now envision shaving without it.

I have a G5. I cannot really compare it to anything, but I like it. The base is not glazed. I had to glue pads on the base to keep it from scratching up the counter. It is solid, almost hefty. Nice handle, and comes with a rubber stopper.

Im useing the standard dirty bird. Mostly on the weekends. Love it its the best gift ever
I love warm shave larger. Best wishes with your new scutle.

I have an ivory Moss scuttle. What's a waterfall scuttle? Is that the name of a glazing, or a new shape of scuttle?

For How long does the scuttle keep your lather warm? Can you put scuttle in microwave? Thanks!!!

used my DB 1.5 today and got 4 passes and that was after i made a lather on my face and had the kids pull an april fools trick on me. mom took out the blade and they watched me make the lather in my new scuttle and the try to shave with no blade :sneaky2: (my wife tipped me off, so i woudn't check, but the kids were quite amused with their prank).

no mircrowave, just HOT tap water.

i LOVE the look of this brush scuttle. 1 piece, but it's $45 for the piece and $25-35 shipping to canada. plus i just picked up a DB 1.5 and brush scuttle, so i'm set for a while.

SRD

proxy.php

I've had my DB 1.5 for about a year. It keeps the lather plenty warm enough for me to get a complete shave. No microwave needed. It's become such a habit to use that I can't imagine being without it.

Turk, that thing looks huge in that pic!

trust me, they are :001_tt2: you gotta make some room on the counter for these, or at least i did.

i also find it has enough heft and with the open spout, i just let it sit on the counter while i lather, no more holding it and lathering. place bowl on counter and lather, it doesn't move.

I bought a Moss Scuttle from Sara Bonneyman about a year ago, a large one in a brilliant cobalt blue color. Sara's workmanship is excellent.

For thirty years prior to this I used an Old Spice mug and common boar brush. Now I have a variety of shaving creams (more than a few -- okay, more than that) and I love the time I shave each morning. This scuttle does just what I want it to do. I couldn't be more pleased.

Doug

You really can't beat scuttles for rich warm lathers from creams. But face lathering with soaps is a technique everyone should perfect.

Top Bottom