What's new

Seiko 5 Blue Dial Self Winding Watch Deal

proxy.php

Available for 24hrs only, ends at 11:59pm PDT on 3/26/2011, Newegg is offering a
Seiko 5 #SNKK27 Men's Blue Dial Self Winding Automatic
watch for $59.99 (Free Shipping).

According to the page, it normally retails for $250.

Seems like a good deal as a 'high-end" introductory watch. Couldn't tell ya for sure, just wanted to give a heads up for the local watch enthusiasts.

proxy.php

Available for 24hrs only, ends at 11:59pm PDT on 3/26/2011, Newegg is offering a
Seiko 5 #SNKK27 Men's Blue Dial Self Winding Automatic
watch for $59.99 (Free Shipping).

According to the page, it normally retails for $250.

Seems like a good deal as a 'high-end" introductory watch. Couldn't tell ya for sure, just wanted to give a heads up for the local watch enthusiasts.
Screamin' deal on an automatic watch (not a cheap CHionese one). Unfortunately, I am on watch restriction by SWMBO

FWIW, typical BIN on the bay is $70 - $80 with free shipping.

Seiko autos are another of my hobbies in addition to DE shaving.

Man, who are they gearing their products towards? I just checked out the $300 to $500 watches and every single one of em was horrendous! Well, in my opinion at least. I get that those are all different makers but jeez...

Make sure you look closely at the diameter of any particular Seiko 5 model you're considering purchasing... most are 38mm or less, and many are 34-36mm. Many of them are made for and primarily marketed in Asian markets.

Make sure you look closely at the diameter of any particular Seiko 5 model you're considering purchasing... most are 38mm or less, and many are 34-36mm. Many of them are made for and primarily marketed in Asian markets.

I noticed that. are there any larger Seiko 5 models? I'd like an automatic, but I prefer chunky watches.

Seiko makes larger diver-style watches with the same movement as the 5s.

Popular models are SKX007, SKX009, SKX779, SKX781, SKX031, SKX033

The SNZF and SNZG series also have some chunky models.

Have fun!