What's new

Rooney Heritage 2XL and 1XL back in stock at VB...

Nice Justin!:thumbup:

Really feel the SBAD kicking in!:lol: (says to self.... Not my kind of brush....:001_rolle)

Ken

I think you need to buy one Ken. It's a must really.

proxy.php

Too late...it was the comparison shot with the Chubby 2 that did it for me...it's an all time favourite brush of mine, sees regular use! My order went through last night...thanks to a very dear friend of mine! :)

Thanks to our Shave Sabbatical Enforcer for talking me off the ledge on this one... Whew!:001_smile (that was close!)

Ken

Too late...it was the comparison shot with the Chubby 2 that did it for me...it's an all time favourite brush of mine, sees regular use! My order went through last night...thanks to a very dear friend of mine! :)

bluemantra earned his Enabler Badge! Congratulations, Justin!

Is it safe to say that this brush is a soap-destroyer?

Too soon for me to say.

I'll let you know in a few days insomniac! I'm keen to compare it against my Finest 2/1 and Ch2 2-band...

Compared to my CH2 2-band it does not have the same amount of backbone and less scritch. Therefore I think it will be less of a soap killer than the Simpson two-bands and if you're after extreme backbone I'd give it to Simpson. Don't have a Rooney Finest to compare to. The tips on the 2XL out of the box were unbelievably soft. I've never used a brush with softer tips, the short loft helps it retain some backbone. I think it is a very balanced brush and is DENSE!! Denser than my CH2 2-band.

Thanks for the reply Justin. I now really can't wait to get mine in my hands. I find the softest tips on some of my plissons but backbone is hit and miss with them. I'm keen to see what the 2XL has to offer. I have found the various Finest brushes to be the stiffest so far...and that goes for the 1/1 (so stiff I traded it after a few weeks), 1/2 (weekly rotation), 3/1 (Practically new, used 5 times or so but find it too small)...

Too soon for me to say.

Compared to my CH2 2-band it does not have the same amount of backbone and less scritch. Therefore I think it will be less of a soap killer than the Simpson two-bands and if you're after extreme backbone I'd give it to Simpson. Don't have a Rooney Finest to compare to. The tips on the 2XL out of the box were unbelievably soft. I've never used a brush with softer tips, the short loft helps it retain some backbone. I think it is a very balanced brush and is DENSE!! Denser than my CH2 2-band.

Compared to the Finest? Totally different hair. Finest has a lot of scritch and unmatched backbone. XL series has no scritch. Softest tips of any two band I've used in fact, and mid range, maybe a little above average backbone (for two band). On a scale of 1 being TGN black badger and 10 being the softest most wispy three band you can imagine. I'd put the Finest at a 4 and the XL at an 8. For backbone (10 being a bamboo whisk, 1 being a horses tail)? Finest gets a 10, XL gets a 7.

Density? XL is decent. Not crazy, but certainly not lacking. Finest is insane. I'd put the XL at a 7 and the Finest at 10 again.

Last edited:
Compared to the Finest? Totally different hair. Finest has a lot of scritch and unmatched backbone. XL series has no scritch. Softest tips of any two band I've used in fact, and mid range, maybe a little above average backbone (for two band). On a scale of 1 being TGN black badger and 10 being the softest most wispy three band you can imagine. I'd put the Finest at a 4 and the XL at an 8. For backbone (10 being a bamboo whisk, 1 being a horses tail)? Finest gets a 10, XL gets a 7.

Density? XL is decent. Not crazy, but certainly not lacking. Finest is insane. I'd put the XL at a 7 and the Finest at 10 again.

I agree with everything this man is saying. Crazy thing about the XL is when dry the brush is not soft at all and quite prickly. When wet though it is super soft, has plenty of backbone and density.

I agree with everything this man is saying. Crazy thing about the XL is when dry the brush is not soft at all and quite prickly. When wet though it is super soft, has plenty of backbone and density.

I was thinking the same exact thing today. It is quite prickly dry and the softest when wet. Same phenomenon with the Simpson 2-band, much softer when wet.

Ian certainly has more time with the XXL and therefor I take his word for it. I was wondering if you other XL owners have noticed that this brush seems broken in straight of the brush. However, I only have two uses with it. It's quickly becoming my favorite. That may change tomorrow, I've got a NOS 2010 Semogue Custom Boar coming in:drool:

I was thinking the same exact thing today. It is quite prickly dry and the softest when wet. Same phenomenon with the Simpson 2-band, much softer when wet.

Ian certainly has more time with the XXL and therefor I take his word for it. I was wondering if you other XL owners have noticed that this brush seems broken in straight of the brush. However, I only have two uses with it. It's quickly becoming my favorite. That may change tomorrow, I've got a NOS 2010 Semogue Custom Boar coming in:drool:

I don't think my brush required any break in time in contrast to my M&F.

After three months of twice weekly use, I can say my Stubby 2XL has not changed appreciably. It is out of the box super soft, ready to massage your face into a smile. I prefer to use mine with creams, although this isn't to say I can't whip up a good lather from a soap with it. Let me add one other very pleasant thing I noticed about this brush: heat retention. It fits like a glove in my small Moss scuttle, and it retains heat like no other brush in my rotation - even more than my 1/2 Finest. I always get a smile on my face lathering for my second and third passes with the 2XL.

Top Bottom