What's new

Feather Japanese AS

The Feathers are very high quality. Fantastic! Not to be confused with run of the mill shavette style replaceable blade razors.

Does anyone know why these are considered more like real straights as opposed to the Parkers that use DE blades? Is it the size of the blade?

Does anyone know why these are considered more like real straights as opposed to the Parkers that use DE blades? Is it the size of the blade?

i havent seen or heard of anyone being called out for a parker as not a straight type.. has that happened?

i havent seen or heard of anyone being called out for a parker as not a straight type.. has that happened?

I don't know if the Parkers are called out so much, but the Feather AC (not AS? thanks for the correction) is always described as being really close to a real straight, while I've heard the shavettes/Parkers don't shave like real straights. I wonder if it's weight or what that makes a difference.

I don't know if the Parkers are called out so much, but the Feather AC (not AS? thanks for the correction) is always described as being really close to a real straight, while I've heard the shavettes/Parkers don't shave like real straights. I wonder if it's weight or what that makes a difference.

It's a combination of the weight (the Feather Artist Club has more mass than the Parker) along with the blade being longer, and thicker/ non-flexible. All of this combined make for a shave that better approximates a regular straight.

It's a combination of the weight (the Feather Artist Club has more mass than the Parker) along with the blade being longer, and thicker/ non-flexible. All of this combined make for a shave that better approximates a regular straight.

That sounds about right to me, John. While I don't have a Feather AC (I wouldn't mind trying one though if someone wants to PIF me one though) I do have a Parker shavette and four real straights. I can get good shaves with both. The real straights give much more feedback in sound and feel (more fun IMO). The shavette seems like it's not doing anything because it's so quiet.

Top Bottom