What's new

Dorco SE blade

I ordered from one of our vendors. He included some complimentary Dorco SE blades. I've only used the Walgreen, CVS blades so figured, WTH, I'll try them in my trusty OCMM.

What did I do to **** him off? I don't even know him. Why does he hate me enough to toss these blades my way?

Worst, most uncomfortable shave EVER.

Edit: Sorry, I thought I posted this in the razor blade sub forum. Oh, BTW, the vendor is a great guy.

Last edited:
Heard that from some other gents as well Bossman.

If you like the Walgreens Gem SS blade, you will love the group buy EMS blades, since they are the same as far as I can tell, just WAY cheaper.
shipped is around $17 per 100 if I remember correctly.

Time to get another group buy going!

Could have been the same seller I've ordered from a couple of times. He's tossed in a total of fifteen of these now. Just to be clear, I do like this seller.

I'll at least try part of one shave with one of them, just to see for myself. If they're as bad as all that, well, I do have a paint scraper. For shaving, I have the usual suspects, Gem and Treet.

Thanx for that heads up. I don't even care for the Dorco DEs. I have trouble with a name that tends to apply to someone inept.:lol:

I've heard some people say there's a large difference between Dorco 300s and 301s, but I got both in a sampler a while back and found them both to be pretty bad.

Could have been the same seller I've ordered from a couple of times. He's tossed in a total of fifteen of these now. Just to be clear, I do like this seller.

I'll at least try part of one shave with one of them, just to see for myself. If they're as bad as all that, well, I do have a paint scraper. For shaving, I have the usual suspects, Gem and Treet.

I have them too, and I can get a decent shave out of them. But I do seem to be a minority here :laugh:

Heard that from some other gents as well Bossman.

If you like the Walgreens Gem SS blade, you will love the group buy EMS blades, since they are the same as far as I can tell, just WAY cheaper.
shipped is around $17 per 100 if I remember correctly.

Time to get another group buy going!

I'm also convinced that the Gem SS blade from Walgreens et al. is the same blade as the EMS/Ted Pella.

+1 on another group buy!

I think the vender bought several thousand of the Dorco SE blades and is stuck with them. He's trying to pass on his pain to us! Just kidding! I guess he thought, "I might as well give them away" no one is buying them.

I bought a pack of Meijer store-branded SE blades when I first started SE shaving. I didn't notice on the package that it said "Made in Korea". I'm guessing they're Dorcos. It's true the one shave I used it, I didn't get any nicks or weepers. But my whiskers didn't get any nicks either.

I've had good luck with virtually every other SE blade: GEM SS, Pella, GEM Blue Star, Treet, CVS store-brand.

I always check where the blades are made now. ASR knows how to make a SE shaving blade.

I bought a pack of Meijer store-branded SE blades when I first started SE shaving. I didn't notice on the package that it said "Made in Korea". I'm guessing they're Dorcos. It's true the one shave I used it, I didn't get any nicks or weepers. But my whiskers didn't get any nicks either.

I did get a nasty bruise from one.

I've had good luck with virtually every other SE blade: GEM SS, Pella, GEM Blue Star, Treet, CVS store-brand.

I always check where the blades are made now. ASR knows how to make a SE shaving blade.

Great Line - I didn't get any nicks or weepers. But my whiskers didn't get any nicks either:thumbup:

The Blue Stars are the only blade I have used that I am pretty sure began to rust with the first shave.

I ditched the Dorco and used a Gem blade in today's shave. Whew, back to normal, a DFS bordering on BBS, no discomfort, no burn.

I wouldn't have bought the Dorco blades, but since I had the free sample, I was going to try one. This morning, I put it in one of my foolproof Gem 1912s.

First couple of strokes were very uncomfortable. Then I noticed that the blade was in there at a slight angle, moved back from the blade stop on one side. I reseated it, tried again, and the same thing happened.

Took out the last of my Gem Blue Star blades, put it beside the Dorco, and discovered that the Dorco was very slightly shorter (same width, different height). It was too small to fit securely in the 1912. Don't know about maybe a Micromatic, but at that point, I'd had enough, so I put the Blue Star in the razor to finish.

As it turned out, something was wrong with the Blue Star, too. Somehow it had gotten dulled, and I ended up finishing with one of my injectors. At least, though, the Blue Star fit the razor properly without moving around.

Anyway, the rest of my free Dorcos should be just fine as scraper blades.

Top Bottom