What's new

Gillette Goal blades

Curiosity got the better of me so I bought 100 of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260741194104

The searches I did suggest that they are considered good blades. Does anyone else have any experience with them?

I also bought 120 of the Gillette 365s as well. Along with the Gillette Wilkinson Swords, these are the best budget blades I have found and are as good as blades that cost more.

I tried them both, they are nice. See my thread "Feather, measure of all blades"

Curiosity got the better of me so I bought 100 of these:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260741194104

The searches I did suggest that they are considered good blades. Does anyone else have any experience with them?

I also bought 120 of the Gillette 365s as well. Along with the Gillette Wilkinson Swords, these are the best budget blades I have found and are as good as blades that cost more.

I've also used these blades and found them to be quite good. I bought mine here:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/190661882294?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Quite a bit cheaper. just a thought.

I brought back 10 twenty pack cards from overseas a few years ago. I rank these blades as excellent ! very smooth and forgiving.very close ,comfortable shaves.no problem getting 3 good shaves per blade...

I found them "OK"... no more.. they felt ok in my EJ89 and I didn't like them at all in my slant.. felt like I was just scrapping instead of cutting. for that price, you might as well buy Persona Labs.

$Gillette Goal Blade 01.jpg
down with only one blade left....

never saw red packs of the goals....can you post a few photos please ?

They are Indian blades.

The Goals have a nice sharpness about them but have a 'sharp' feel which makes you very careful with them. Charles_r's comments ring true here.... it does feel a little more 'scrapey' than many blades which just glide and 'feel smooth' while shaving.

I put them above Indian Wilks but below Dark/Maltese Platinums. The 7OC Blacks are also well in front of these.

They are good fun blades, excellent for something different in the rotation.

The red ones were distributed in East Asian countries like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam etc. I don't have any informaton about where they were made but suspect India.

The Green/Blue/Yellow ones as linked in the OP are definitely Indian manufacture. The ones I have have the following printed on the top edge of the box:

'Made by Gillette India Ltd
(c) 2006 The Gillette Company"

Now that UEFA soccer is happening i had to try these gillete goal blades.
They come double wrapped.
They do have the glue spots(not an issue with me though)
The blades look nice and solid.
I used my merkur progress on 3 and after 3 passes and some touch ups got a bss shave.
Would i buy them again? probably yes.
For me they were up there with my go to blades like astra,feather,shark sc.
Won't say they are the best but if you can find a deal,grab a pack and check them out.

Top Bottom