What's new

Any of you tried Goat's Milk soap??

I'm in Roanoke, VA, and at our local farmer's market, a vendor (Belle's Place) sells shaving soap. Based on their website, it looks like they make their soap with shea and cocoa butter, as well as goat's milk. Has anyone tried that?

They give out samples, so I think I'll swing by next time they're at the market and give it a shot.

While I've never used goat's milk shaving soap, I have used artisan goat's milk bath soap. Very nice and moisturizing, and leaves the skin feeling squeaky clean.

I'm in Roanoke, VA, and at our local farmer's market, a vendor (Belle's Place) sells shaving soap. Based on their website, it looks like they make their soap with shea and cocoa butter, as well as goat's milk. Has anyone tried that?

They give out samples, so I think I'll swing by next time they're at the market and give it a shot.

Currently trying a sample from nannyssillysoap with some goats milk in. TBH, I haven't noticed a lot of difference performance or smell wise from her soaps without any in. Other makers may use more or less, may make more or less of a difference. YMMV (as always :) )

Whatever you do, make sure to try that sample first. Most soap makers at local farmers' markets think that clay + bath soap = shaving soap.

Whatever you do, make sure to try that sample first. Most soap makers at local farmers' markets think that clay + bath soap = shaving soap.

+1 to this^.

Lynchmeister reported some time ago on a goat's milk "all over" bar that he got from "The Dirty Moose" (link around here somewhere). He gave it favorable reviews for shaving and iirc, only complained of the fact that it wasn't scented.

Rose of Sharon Acres makes all their bars (soap & solid shampoo) with goat's milk and panthenol (pro-Vitamin B) and I can say first hand they are very kind to your skin and hair.

I've tried some Goats Milk and Orange Essence from Whispering Windz, it was nice as a soap but not for shaving.

They do make handmade jars of cream, as I purchased some Banana Cream Pie cream (it was nice, but too much clay).

Top Bottom