What's new

Coticule layer

Howdy all,

I know there has been lots of talk about coti layers recently, but I've been wondering what layers people prefer?

I have a la petite Blanche and it gives me great and smooth edges. I've been thinking about what layer I could order next but I'm at a loss.

What layer do you consider a good finisher? I know it all depends on the user but I'm just seeing what people's favorites are.

Your pocket won't like the answers you will get :lol:

I would say that improving your technique with your stones is a better way to get a better edge than getting a new stone.

Your pocket won't like the answers you will get :lol:

I would say that improving your technique with your stones is a better way to get a better edge than getting a new stone.

Actually up until last month I didn't have a hone.

Lol I now have my friends lpb since he's gone away on vacation. And I'd love one for my own.

Also I couldn't resist and pulled the trigger on. 150x50 lpb. Can't wait to get it.

Hands down, my absolute favourite layer of the five I've had experience with is the Las Latnueses.
The creamy side is incredibly fast, and makes worrying about dilutions a thing of the past, and the hybrid side lets me come off the stone with HHT results that verge on HHT4 and after stropping a beautiful HHT5 is easily achievable.
I've found that if I take an edge finished on the hybrid to one of my other stones, the HHT results invariably drop. Most of that can be brought back with stropping. Not to say i can tell the difference in the shave, but the placebo effect is good enough for me.

I like the vein that come from the mine in Ardennes :wink2:

I think the answer for most would be the vein that they have taken the time to master, which therefor gives them the best results.

Top Bottom