What's new

DE Shaving Images

I'm trying to decide on a couple images I'm going to print out for a silent auction that will include a starter kit I put together.

My plan is to have three stand up 8-1/2" x 11" "cards" that are centered and flanking the basket of swag. I'm thinking I'll punch up a short pitch for the set on the center card, and two images flanking as eye-catchers.

The target market tends to be an eco-conscience group.

Here's the description from the auction catalog -

"This traditional wet-shaving set lets you save the earth, save big bucks and re-discover the art and luxury of shaving from a simpler time.
A selection of quality products from around the globe, this set can be used with your existing razor, or you can step up to a better, less expensive
and more rewarding shave with the included safety razor and blades.

Traditional shaving is enjoying a resurgence, and this kit will let discover why. If you are frustrated with the outrageous price and lackluster results
obtained using the latest corporate multibladed gizmos, concerened about throwing all those cans and plastic in landfills, or simply curious about
the time honored tools and methods that your grandfather used, this kit will let you transform a daily chore into an enjoyable experience that you actually look
forward to.

Nobody tought you how to shave the right way? No problem. An instructional DVD goes guides you through the process of rediscoving traditional tools and methods.
"

I'm thinking of images that aren't immediately recognizable as ads for a particular brand, and nothing racy (Sorry, vintage Barbasol ads!).

Thanks for any ideas in advance, gents.

Do you want copy editing too? I see "will let [you] discover why" and "concerened [concerned]" and "DVD goes guides you". Hopefully those are just transcription errors, and the original copy is flawless.

Hmm... all the good ads are racy, aren't they? But I'm looking forward to seeing the ideas.

Do you want copy editing too? I see "will let [you] discover why" and "concerened [concerned]" and "DVD goes guides you". Hopefully those are just transcription errors, and the original copy is flawless.

Hmm... all the good ads are racy, aren't they? But I'm looking forward to seeing the ideas.

Thanks. That was just a rough I ginned up just now, and it was late!

Shop the "shave of the day" forum. Look for the weekly poll threads. We have some talented members here who might allow you to use their photos. Just ask.

these seem to fit your requirments: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=195464

look at #'s 4, 8, or 9.

The only reservations I'd have about using SOTD pics is that while they are certainly stunning, they would outshine the contents of the set. We're talking a LORD three piece, some VDH and Mama Bear soap, Tom's of Maine and TRSC cream, and some Bigelow AS Balm.

I was thinking more along the line of vintage ad copy or photos...but I'll poke around there, thanks!

True, he's using a lady's razor, but I've always loved the scene of Cary Grant shaving in the train station in North by Northwest.

proxy.php

Top Bottom