What's new

Show Me Your AR's

Here's a couple from a few years back.

proxy.php

The bottom two are mine, nothing special. A Colt and Rock River, used them on duty years ago.

The ones above are buddies that were on the sniper team or former military snipers.

I have my eye on S&W AR Model now.

This was mine before I sold it to pay some bills:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I took the cheap vertical grip off shortly after taking those pictures.

I loved the Aimpoint. Those things are so cool.

Here is my Eagle Arms. My dad and I built this gal in 1993 as a standard CAR type with green furniture prior to the ban. Over the last couple weeks I have been modernizing her with the flattop & railed forearm. She now(last night) got a Flat Dark Earth M4 stock and will be getting a FDE pistol grip, forward PG, and railcovers in the immediate future(I moved to the desert:biggrin1:). Haven't decided on an optic yet but leaning Aimpoint or Eotech.

View attachment 153543

Jay

I just can't believe you guys would post such offensive, dangerous, devices clearly intended to commit murder and mayhem!:eek2:

Just kidding, I'm just jealous. I don't own one of my own, but have carried taxpayer owned M-4 carbines.

That's a nice looking HK by the way.

Let an old man dream after all...some day....some day....

John P.

Kinda reminds me of a G3, Mako.. With the colour scheme. Know what I mean? :001_smile

Yeah 20 years ago not many choices for colors, black or green, I decided green looked less intimidating than all black:lol:. Plus I always liked seeing the ol' African G3s in SOF magazine growing up. Nowadays you can get stocks in yellow or even pink if you want:w00t:! Mine will soon be a nice Flat Dark Earth, kinda a nice even tan, to blend with the terrain where I live. I'll post another pic in a week or so after I have some more done with it!

Jay

You guys are dangerous. :blink:

I just have a lowly Glock. I am looking at a Sig Sauer though.

You won't touch your Glock when you grab a Sig.

Here is mine:

proxy.php

here is a better pic:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Sweet looking piece!
This was mine before I sold it to pay some bills:

proxy.php

proxy.php

I took the cheap vertical grip off shortly after taking those pictures.

I loved the Aimpoint. Those things are so cool.

I love the Aimpoint sighting systems, I have the M3. I love the Surefire you have mounted.
I miss my ARs... Had 8 of them quite a few years ago.

8! That is one of the few things that will never lose their value.

Or zombies....definitely zombies.

I need to start a kit, RIGHT NOW!
Anyone got an extra or two to donate?
:biggrin1:

John P.

They're not very expensive to make or buy. If you state allows it you can grab a good one to build on for under $1k

Naw that one is for target shooting:lol:. I have a much better zombie gun but thats a whole 'nother thread.

Jay

Something tells me .223 or 5.56 rounds aren't going to work on a zombie:lol:

I plan on picking up a S&W or Sig AR in the near future; my wife will likely take one of these for work so it will give me an excuse to buy another one:biggrin1:

:thumbup: Beautiful!

Hey I saw your sigline; I have a Merkur slant I'll trade you for it:tongue_sm

PM sent?

If anyone wondered why I carelessly had the safety off, the fire selector won't move from single fire when the handle isn't charged. Don't know if other ARs are like that, don't really have a lot of experience with them.

I have a vertical grip as well, but I can't decide whether I like it or not. When I use it, it seems to be in my way all the time, except for administrative carrying.

Or zombies....definitely zombies.

I need to start a kit, RIGHT NOW!
Anyone got an extra or two to donate?

John P.

You can definitely build one pretty cheap. I did mine about 20 years ago but have been contemplating doing another. You can build a plain jane M4gry carbine or A2/3 rifle for probably less than $600 if you shop around. Obviously thats minus optics and gadgets but it would get ya goin. The beauty is you can section it and spend say $200 get a lower + parts kit + stock. Later another $200 would get you an upper and barrel. $200 more for furniture and upper parts. These things are pretty much tinker toys. As long as you buy quality parts they are all milspec so pretty easy to do.

@azmark-Yeah my preferred zombie gun is a 12ga. we get that thread going and I'll post a pic.:001_cool:

Jay

Top Bottom