What's new

Dog needs a home

I adopted a partially sighted cat from a shelter a few years ago. She has since passed on (due to other health problems), and I still miss her. She was a sweet, very affectionate lap cat. I think the "special needs" label is a hard sell for some would-be adopters, but once you get to know the animal you can't help but forget your preconceptions. Just my two cents.

I had a Collie who was totally blind years ago. He was a great dog and learned to manouvre himself all over my house and back yard. He was a great dog . I hope this great dog finds a home !!

I've taken in "elderly" animals before and have always been blessed with a positive experience. Had a cat one time the local kids brought to me that was born without fully developed eyes-you could look into his eyes and he had no pupils. We called him "Stevie" after Stevie Wonder. Despite this, the thing was ignorant of the fact it was blind. Had it not been for the physical appearance of his eyes, you woudn't know from his behavior that he had any vision problems at all. I had to perpetually remind myself that he didn't have any sight at all.

Glad to see someone is interested in this dog-otherwise, if it was closer, I might have gotten stuck with it.

Beerman

Hope it works out for him. We adopted a cat from the shelter. I hated cats all my young life but my wife wanted a companion so she got Shadow. Now he's my little buddy. I look at him as if he's A child of mine. I'd be lost without him :thumbup:

It looks like this blog worked-the dog's found a home. Now if we could just find homes for all of the others.

Beerman

Top Bottom