What's new

RazoRock shave cream

Wow!

This stuff really lathers.

I've been using Nivea cream for a while now and I'm to the point where I can lather that but it takes some work.

RazoRock lathers in an instant compared to Nivea.

It gives a totally different lather to anything I've ever used before.(Which isn't much unfortunately ) And adding small bits water actually improves it rather than cause it to break down.

I really like it but I wish the smell stuck around longer. It dies down quite a bit during lather and seems to die off completely by the end of the shave.

All in all it's pretty nice though. For smell Nivea is still on top for me though. YMMV

This stuff is easily comparable to the big names and IMO, better than most. For $5 it can't be beat.

The more i use the Italian soft soaps/creams, the more i like them.

I ordered a couple kilos of P160 a while back and a tub of RazoRock cream. Actually, I was aiming for the RazoRock alum block and hit the cream instead. :blushing:

Anywho, I just shaved with the cream this morning and I am very impressed! I used an Omega boar brush, very little cream and got a face full of lather! Kept adding water bit by bit until I got it the way I wanted it and had a great shave.

It really is some very nice stuff. :thumbup:

Kevin

I go to Italy every couple of years. The Italian Barber's prices are "in the ball-park" with what you'd pay in Italy... after the VAT.

I just got my RazoRock and it looks very similar to Cella. I'll try it today. I also understand that Joe is going to formulate it in other scents as well and that the new products are currently on their way.

Very interesting and a huge resource for those of us who love "things Italian!"

I just got some of this last week. I've only used it for two shaves so far but I am very impressed. At the price it sells for, it cannot be beat! :thumbup:

Now that a bit of time has passed I need to restate something about the smell.

I'm noticing a very clean sort of smell and while it's not almonds it's clean. Doesn't really smell like anything I can think of except clean.

It's nice.

I DID use it today and was surprised... shocked really. It lathers better than Cella (is that possible?)!

And... it's coming in different flavors pretty soon as well.

Now... what do I do with a kilo of Cella? :blushing:

I DID use it today and was surprised... shocked really. It lathers better than Cella (is that possible?)!

And... it's coming in different flavors pretty soon as well.

Now... what do I do with a kilo of Cella? :blushing:

You send it to me, I'll take care of it for you.:thumbup1:

You guys should post a review. I started one a couple of weeks ago.

RazoRock is pretty amazing stuff!

You guys should post a review. I started one a couple of weeks ago.

RazoRock is pretty amazing stuff!

+1

i added mine to yours (i think). this stuff is GREAT. i started bowl lathering it when i got into DE shaving and have since progressed to face lathering. i can get 3+ passes on one brush application, easy. it works well, smells fantastic, is dirt cheap ($5 @ italianbarber) and here's the best part......wait for it.....wait.....wait....wait.......they are coming out with more scents.:tongue_sm:tongue_sm:tongue_sm

i check the IB site and Vendors Corner daily to see if they are ready. if they are 1/2 as good as the original, we are all in for a treat.

Looks like Omega cream/ soap. Same jar and everything. Wonder if it's just been re-labeled? Omega lids don't stay on that well either. Is it a menthol scent and feel?

Looks like Omega cream/ soap. Same jar and everything. Wonder if it's just been re-labeled? Omega lids don't stay on that well either. Is it a menthol scent and feel?

I haven't tried Omega cream but this has no menthol and I think (confirmed with SWMBO) that it has a cherry smell. Extremely slick and cushy.

I ordered the Cella, Valobra Almond and RazoRock from Joe, all at the same time. For all of the love Cella gets here lately (and I DO like it), I think (for me) it's in third place.

I've not tried the Arko stick yet, but I'm willing to bet that RazoRock gives it a run for its money in the value department.

Beerman

I wanted to post some more about the smell.

The first time I used a metal bowl and it just seemed to kill the smell. So I decided to try it with a ceramic mug and it made a difference. Very light scent still but at least I could smell the almond/cherry and it smelled nice the whole way through.

I'm glad I tried it because now it's an awesome cream on all points. I also think it's perfect for using AS after because it just won't interfere with that smell.

Just used it today with my Boar brush. Face lathered with the Razo Rock and used my new Mergress XL. It was the 5th time i had used it and it has been an enjoyable shave everytime. It is a very good soap and for the money 9 half price) it is even better than Cella (blasphemy).

Highly recommended!:thumbup:

Top Bottom