What's new

I think I'm turning into a cream man

...not in a Baker/Bruce/Clapton way, but in a Arko/C. O. Bigelow way.

I mean, I still like my Mama Bear's Sandalwood, but the creams I've acquired just lather up so easily and protect so well that I'm finding myself neglecting my poor soaps.

Should I feel guilty? :blush:

I still use my soaps now and again but I really love the proraso!

On the subject of soaps, I'm thinking on ordering a puck of Colonel Conk bay rum!

I'm in the exact same boat. My SSADs have completely left my brain, and have been replaced by SCADs that are twice as bad.

And SO, Conk's Bay Rum, is my standby mug soap. I love it.

I know how you feel. I am somewhat new and have very hard water. I used creams most of the time until something clicked. I started loading my brush longer and working the water in a little at a time. Since then, my creams don't come out much but they have a place in my rotation. Soap is usually cheaper and gives me better glide.

Started out with Proraso then ventured into Mama Bears and other stuff and now I am fixated on Omega cream. It actually seems to be more soothing than Proraso!

:thumbup1:

I too have more creams then soaps. Find they work really well, but the kicker is how easy they are to lather. This is a real benefit to me when I'm shaving before my first cup of coffee!

I started with soaps and now use only creams. I find I can get a rich lather more easily and I like the way they feel on my face.

I am partial to the creams. Easy to lather directly on face in the shower. Tried some Speick today for the first time and it really went on easy. Felt like it protected the skin well.

That being said, there is a reason why Baskin Robbins has more than one flavor. How boring would life be if everyone liked vanilla.

I mean, I still like my Mama Bear's Sandalwood, but the creams I've acquired just lather up so easily and protect so well that I'm finding myself neglecting my poor soaps.

How about Italian soft soaps as a compromise :laugh: I really like them :thumbup1:

I started with creams and then went primarily to soaps for a while. Now I'm back to creams because while they both make usable lather, creams make lather faster. I guess I prefer creams because I'm lazy.

I have had the same experience! I have tried many soaps but none of them have even come close to protecting my face during my shave like the creams. I especially prefer TOBS Sandlewood.

I started off using only creams (TOBS Avocado, TOBS Jermyn St, Omega and Proraso). I got some MWF for Christmas last year and I've been using that for 99% of my shaves since then. It's very protective and is lasting forever. Now and again I fill my brush with MWF but add a bit of Jermyn St cream to my brush just before starting my face lather to give me that fantastic Jermyn St scent. It quickly creates a huge superlather - giving me the best of both worlds.

No need to feel guilty for loving soaps OR creams!

I started with the VDH deluxe soap, moved to the CO Bigelow cream, and over the weekend I got to try a sample of the Trufitt and Hill Almond creme. I think I like the creams much better.

I've got more creams than soaps and have only used Col Konk's Amber soap. Before I declare myself a cream man I've got to try some more soaps. I'm probably going to get a few Mama Bear soaps pretty soon.

Cheers,

Tons

Top Bottom