What's new

Straight Razor Designs

Hi Gents,
Well I have been waiting to make this post now for a few days but I can't hold back anymore. I ordered a dovo pearlex razor from this company on Feb 28. To this very day it has not shown up. I live in Ontario, Canada. So I am aware that customs and such may slow the process down. But I have had something come all the way from japan that was ordered a week after my razor show up already and they are in a state of emergency....I heard nothing but great things about this company....I cant even get the guy to answer my calls or emails:thumbdown Buyers beware in Canada...it may take months to get a razor! unless they prove me wrong by amazing me somehow, if so, I will politely ask for this post to be removed, but until then, I am not happy

I have ordered from them 2 or 3 times and I did always receive my order but I did send them an e-mail a month ago asking a question about a straight I bought and I still have not received a reply.

I hope you receive your order soon.

Paul

Should they be responsible for the hold ups resulting from Customs/USPS/Canada Post? I am sure they could respond to your emails, but in my experience with overseas shippers (e.g. TESC) they will only tell you wait more as some delays through customs can last weeks.

Don't blame the vendor for something out of their control. They probably know as little as you right now... I'll be it shows up in the next week or so.

I shipped a razor to Canada recently and it took over a month to arrive. Blame customs, not the vendor.

Its not fun having to wait that long for a delivery, but if everyone harassed vendors for these types of things that are outside their control they may stop shipping to Canada. I know I would

I understand your frustration, however

thanks guys....I just wanted to hear what others thought....I guess I wouldnt be so mad if they at least answered my emails

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I can tell you I sent an email out about 3 weeks ago asking some questions, and I still havent heard anything. when I buy from them, i usually receive things within a week.

Sounds like the general feedback is that they don't reply to emails. There are a lot of vendors who reply quickly. I take these things into consideration when I decide who to buy from.

I've never sent them an email but i have ordered tons of stuff from Lynn. I order of a night and by the next morning i already have my email saying my stuff has been shipped. I have nothing but good things to say abour SRD. I do know they recently moved to a different store but have ordered from them since the move and evereything went great. I even got an email about my free honing certificate and the new address to send the razor to if i want to redeam it. Sorry for your troubles.

I will tell you what the customs issue is...

If they open a package with an item where the "market price" isn't easily determinable, they will put it on hold and have to investigate the value, especially if they think the value was falsely entered on the customs form (not saying this is the case, all I'm saying is they could think it is). I think their policy is they have to get three different prices from three different sources to verify. On niche items this can take many weeks. I've had items shipped from Italy that got to me in 3 business days and other items (shipped the same way) take 5 weeks. The 5 week ones always was a customs problem.

Regarding your email, I can't say what happened but sometimes emails find their way into 'junk mail' boxes and the recipient never gets them.

I do some business with SRP and every time I called them during business hours, someone always picked up the phone.

Others have provided feedback regarding possible causes for the delay, but not answering phone calls or e-mails is simply unacceptable.

Don't get too concerned just yet. My experience has been that items shipped from the UK and Japan tend to get through customs the fastest, and items from the US are among the slowest. I've had items from Japan arrive in 5 days (at Christmas), and items from the US take 5 weeks. Until a month has elapsed, I wouldn't be worried, just anxious.

Others have provided feedback regarding possible causes for the delay, but not answering phone calls or e-mails is simply unacceptable.

Big +1 here. This has led to huge problems in the past and no matter the excuse, being unresponsive means "Your business means nothing to me". Customs delays are one thing, but not responding to calls or emails means either a credit card or PayPal complaint for me. I work too hard for my money and have too little of it to be treated that way.

I have ordered a few things from them and always had amazing dealings with them. I can't speak for customs from them to Canada but they've always been a great company to deal with with fast shipping and great products. Please don't write them off for something that is beyond their control.

As far as them not answering your e-mails, they always got back to me quickly when I asked one.

Have you tried sending Lynn or Don a PM on Straight Razor Place? I have only ordered once from them and received the package right away.

Sorry to hear you're having issues. I have never had anything but good experiences with SRD, and have never waited over a day or two for replies to any communications. They are a top shelf setup, have you tried calling during business hours?

probably the customs...i am wating for my azuma from telly for 1month now, in the meanwhile stuff from jap arrived... us customs seem to be pretty strict or maybe lazy^^

Poor customer service is frustrating.
You always hope that they are searching for the answer in the background, but you really know they aren't.

SRD gets good reviews, I hope things work out for you.
I'm in Canada too and i've thought about ordering from them but never have.

Top Bottom