What's new

PIF: Giveaway Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Rick said, we all joined in for the fun of it. It was about feeling good about giving. I'm sure all of us would have wanted a seven day straight razor set up with enough as and soaps to last a lifetime. Plus a winning mega million lotto ticket, but that not what this is about.

If I had the chance I would do it all again. I have gotten a lot from they guys on here in the little time I have been here. I hope that by giving back we can continue the selfless generosity that we have all been a part of. And they say people don't do anything nice anymore.

Gotta love the people that make B&b what it is! :thumbup1:

Like Rick said, we all joined in for the fun of it. It was about feeling good about giving. I'm sure all of us would have wanted a seven day straight razor set up with enough as and soaps to last a lifetime. Plus a winning mega million lotto ticket, but that not what this is about.

If I had the chance I would do it all again. I have gotten a lot from they guys on here in the little time I have been here. I hope that by giving back we can continue the selfless generosity that we have all been a part of. And they say people don't do anything nice anymore.

Gotta love the people that make B&b what it is! :thumbup1:

+1 It was about the giving and also the excitement of what we were all going to receive. They could have sent me a box of Kleenex and I still would have been happy. :thumbup:

A Blade Bank (which I have been using an empty pill bottle)

Niiiice blade bank!
I haven't even considered I'd have to start throwing out blades, and how to safely do it. I've just been putting the old blade in the new blades wrapper and hiding it in an envelope in my dresser!

What does on generally do with the blades when a fancy bank fills up?

Niiiice blade bank!
I haven't even considered I'd have to start throwing out blades, and how to safely do it. I've just been putting the old blade in the new blades wrapper and hiding it in an envelope in my dresser!

WCS has the little $1 banks. 3 shipped to Winnipeg costs $7.03.

once full, throw it out and grab another one. :thumbup1:

small, built well (tin), look fine and work great

Niiiice blade bank!

There was a post about using a broth tin can. You puncture a hole in it with a large kitchen knife and then pour the broth in some sort of air tight container. The puncture with the knife should bend inwards. Then you just have to decorate the outside, if you want. When its full, you can recycle the whole thing.

I was going to use that and might eventually, but for now I got a real honest to God blade bank lol.

Was talking to my wife about my desire to buy a blade bank, apparently she has one!

I don't know why I didn't think to ask her about it, she's a hair dresser after-all.
Turns out she might also have one of those straight razors with the changeable blade somewhere as well.
It's like a PIF contest in my own house! First one to do all the dishes gets a new razor and a blade bank :laugh:

Last edited:
once full, throw it out and grab another one. :thumbup1:
It took me about two years to fill up my first blade bank ... I kept in the shaving drawer, and sometimes I take it out and shake it back and forth. It makes a satisfying thunka-thunka sound, to remind me of all the fun I had filling it up.

OK, here it is. all the contents of the fantastic box I got in the mail today.

Inventory:
2 Rolls Razors
1 Open Comb GEM Micromatic (I've been trying to win one of those on the Bay for a little bit) and 5 blades
1 Omega Brush
1 Butterscotch brush
2 Fountain pens (My first ones)
1 Bottle of ink (Now I just have to figure out how to get it into the pens)
1 Keychain Flask
and 1 bag of Snap n Pops (My wife is going to love these!)

Thanks so much, whoever you are!

OK, here it is. all the contents of the fantastic box I got in the mail today.

Inventory:
2 Rolls Razors
1 Open Comb GEM Micromatic (I've been trying to win one of those on the Bay for a little bit) and 5 blades
1 Omega Brush
1 Butterscotch brush
2 Fountain pens (My first ones)
1 Bottle of ink (Now I just have to figure out how to get it into the pens)
1 Keychain Flask
and 1 bag of Snap n Pops (My wife is going to love these!)

Thanks so much, whoever you are!

PM me and I'll walk you through filling it up. I can PM you the directions or you can call me and I'll talk you through it.

Jackpot...the haul came in today, and it's a good one.:thumbup1:

1. Burt's Bees Natural Shave Cream
2. Burt's Bees Natural After Shave
3. Burt's Bees Natural Soap
3. Alba Coconut Lime Shave Cream (smells unbelievable)
4. Godrej Lime Fresh
5. GFT Extract of Limes skinfood sample (can't wait to try this)
6. Lime shave cream sample
7. 100 Derby Extra blades
8. Badger brand all natural SPF Lip balm (this one is a crack up...I'll have to get a better picture for you guys)
9. Gevalia Whole Bean coffee "Royal Winter"
10. Gevalia Whole Bean coffee "Toraja"
11. Starbucks Gift Card
12. Military Pen

All of this is just awesome:thumbup1: I haven't tried any of the shave products received but love the lime/citrus stuff and with spring/summer coming around that's perfect.

The coffee? Forget about it. I don't know if they are psychic, or I posted about coffee, or it's something the sender enjoys, but I LOOOVE coffee. Nothing goes down in my house until after the first cup.

Thanks again for all of the great stuff...I"m going to be jacked up on caffeine and running around smelling like a key lime pie, baby!:thumbup:

Consider me IN for the next round. I need to step my game up :001_cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom