What's new

PIF: Giveaway Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally got the camera out. there are a few odds and ends that didn't end up in the picture, but this is a pretty good representation.

I just saw this Thread and the "dosimeter or what ever the wife noise level gadget is called. That is funny. Great job Rick, again, for a fun event and please count me in for the next round......:thumbup:

I haven't gotten mine yet either, but I am enjoying when others get theirs. As soon as mine gets here, pics will be posted.

I got mine yesterday!! :w00t: Awesome stuff!!

• C&E Sandalwood SS in a wood bowl
  • KMF Peaches & Cream Moisture SC
  • 4711 Original Eau de Cologne
  • C.O. Bigelow SC
  • AOS Lemon SC
  • Large wooden lather bowl
  • Gold Dollar straight razor
  • Oliveology shave gel (bottle with white plastic cap)
  • Homemade AS splash of: rosemary, mint, witch hazel, alcohol, and glycerin (bottle with green plastic cap)
And here I am with a cold & stuffy nose, and I can't enjoy the scents right now! :crying:

My mystery giver did fantastic - thanks! I have not tried any of these things - except the Bigelow, which I also love. I couldn't be happier - thank you so much!! :laugh: :thumbup1:

View attachment 155593
View attachment 155594View attachment 155595

Round 2???? Already???? and I just sent my package yesterday...... always a day late and a box short! UGH!!!

No worries guys. I'm sure round 2 wont start until round 1 is complete and all boxes are received and pictures posted. No need to rush it, but it will happen.

Since the whole idea is to ask for anything at all (and not limiting it to shaving creams, for example), it's unlikely that the person who is picked to be the secret santa would actually have any of the item that the original person wants. So is one of the objectives of the PIF to go out and purchase the item before shipping it? I would rather see a slight change where the giver has some previous personal experience with the item being given - makes it more personal and meaningful. Just a thought *( seeing that someone here wanted some pu-erh tea - which is a somewhat esoteric item).
-justin

I'm sure he was just messing around Rick, but you're right... He can send me something I might like anytime he wants! :thumbup1:

I would rather see a slight change where the giver has some previous personal experience with the item being given - makes it more personal and meaningful.

I did a little research into the guy who I had and found some stuff that they were into on the forums, but then added things that were somewhat personal to where I am from and things that I thought were cool. However, these things also reflected an interest that the receiver had. There were a couple other things that I was going to give as sort of gags, but never found them. When we do it again, I probably will take the same approach, but maybe make sure that I get a couple things to make them chuckle as well.

Here's what I got.

Not shown is one item that I passed on to my recipient, since it fit the theme that I was putting together for him.

View attachment 155626

This is the coolest gift of all ... made by hand.
This person really did their research on me, finding out which ship I served on. I don't think I've mentioned that ship in over a year.

View attachment 155627

Of course, I say that I didn't have mine yet and then I get a call from my wife saying that I have a package. I was very eager to open it and was amazed by what I found. Thanks a bunch whomever you are (though I think that I might know).

There was:

Ball Tech Open Comb Gillette (something that I have wanted to try and have been anxious about)

Various Razors

A Blade Bank (which I have been using an empty pill bottle)

A big bowl to lather in, looks like it will work wonderfully

A tub of Cella (which I have wanted to try)

A tub of Proaso

Samples from AOS (never tried it either)

and the thing that I think was probably my favorite, a sticker of the outline of Mike and the Bots from MST3K, which I love. My signature is a line from MST3K: The Movie.

Again, thank you for whomever had me.

Since the whole idea is to ask for anything at all (and not limiting it to shaving creams, for example), it's unlikely that the person who is picked to be the secret santa would actually have any of the item that the original person wants. So is one of the objectives of the PIF to go out and purchase the item before shipping it? I would rather see a slight change where the giver has some previous personal experience with the item being given - makes it more personal and meaningful. Just a thought *( seeing that someone here wanted some pu-erh tea - which is a somewhat esoteric item).
-justin

Huh? I'm pretty confused. To participate is voluntary and just for fun. There's a good chance someone could wind up with something they really don't want or would never use. But, it was still fun. Take a look at the gifts sent though; I don't think that's been an issue. No one requested a thing.

Here's what I got.

Not shown is one item that I passed on to my recipient, since it fit the theme that I was putting together for him.

View attachment 155626

This is the coolest gift of all ... made by hand.
This person really did their research on me, finding out which ship I served on. I don't think I've mentioned that ship in over a year.

View attachment 155627

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom