What's new

PIF: Giveaway Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
i didn't take any pictures, but there was ...
Thank you for sending my gift!!
I got mine ... haven't opened it yet.
Alright, you three! Just a few choice words for the lot o'ya! (And, Mr. Rick Boone, this first one is from your own OP!)

As a recipient you will post in this thread photos of the gift you got!
Rick is holding out on us!
Get to it! We need pics!
Picts, or it didn't happen....:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I should take a close up of the other razor. That thing is heavy.
Now that I have this new razor (it weighs a ton), I can shave and work out at the same time!
Have you figured out what kind of razor this is? If I had to speculate (from your original group pic), I would guess that it's a Merkur 38C HD Barber Pole. Some pics of just the razor would help.

Would anyone object to doing a round 2? What would you change?
Sure, I'd be up for a round 2! :thumbup1:

Alright, fine...I wasn't playing so I didn't have to follow the rules of photos, but since the cap'n asked, I must oblige. Si?

It is the dog. I need to straighten his barrel on his neck. This is the Mrs. favorite (one of them) scents, too. Avon Wild Country. Vintage. :) I have something else coming too! It's awesome.

Have you figured out what kind of razor this is? If I had to speculate (from your original group pic), I would guess that it's a Merkur 38C HD Barber Pole. Some pics of just the razor would help.

Sure, I'd be up for a round 2! :thumbup1:

its a Sabi Extra Heavy Weight.

the thing is a beast. Super Heavy. I like it :001_smile

I tried to shave with my '79 black flair tip. It was weird. I'm so used to the weight of the EJ 89L and the Flair with a feather was a bit rougher that I thought it would be. Well it could be cuz i used a new feather... my second shaves are usually better. I may have been compensating for lackof weight with pressure so that could be an issue also. But it was BBS anyway once i learned how to adjust properly. Only one nick at the right bottom corner of my chin. Not too bad. I shaved with some cella and i think i have a new soap. I did make a razor rack!!! nothing too pretty since it's just an add on to my drawer in the sink. I'll post pics of the razor cleanup and the rack. :thumbup:

I have a loat of soaps to try ou and a SE razor, but i'm a little scared. gotta figure out the angle first. Wish me luck.

About time you posted some pics Rick! Just because you are playing administrator doesn't mean you don't have to play by the rules!:lol:

I hope there are more deliveries tomorrow! I love seeing people's reactions to their box.

finally got the camera out. there are a few odds and ends that didn't end up in the picture, but this is a pretty good representation.

What is the Pocket Patriot? And really what is the story behind the dosimeter?

the pocket patriot is a copy of the declaration of independence.

the dosimeter measures noise levels in different environments. this particular model is too old to meet osha standards, so it was given to my mystery giver by one of his clients. it's still accurate enough to have a little fun. :001_smile

i was actually pretty interested in the dosimeter because i did my undergrad in industrial engineering at penn state. we had a couple classes all about workplace ergonomics, noise levels, etc. now i can walk around the house and inform my wife exactly how loud every little noise is, as well as averages over a period of time. :thumbup:

me? annoying? never!:001_rolle

the dosimeter measures noise levels in different environments.
Whew! :001_smile I'm so glad to hear that! Because the first definition of "dosimeter" I found on the web was:
dosemeter: a measuring instrument for measuring doses of ionizing radiation (X-rays or radioactivity)
I'm glad to hear that's not what you need! Then, I got this from Wilipedia:
Dosimeters measure an individual's or an object's exposure to something in the environment — particularly to a hazard inflicting cumulative impact over long periods of time, or over a lifetime. This article concentrates on the radiation dosimeter, which measures exposure to ionizing radiation, but other dosimeters also exist, such as sound dosimeters, ultraviolet dosimeters, and electromagnetic field dosimeters.
Being an engineer, I find this interesting stuff!

Whew! :001_smile I'm so glad to hear that! Because the first definition of "dosimeter" I found on the web was:

either way, i would still follow my wife around the house, telling her how radioactive she is. :lol:

Funny, My engineering mind went straight for the radioactive exposure too. I didn't realize there were different types.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom