What's new

PIF: Giveaway Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone want to chime in on either razor please feel free. and I'm loving the soaps. Can't wait to try them. Or should I save them. Nah. I'm gonna enjoy them, but I may save one of the Williams soaps an the boxes.

1 vintage goorej shave soap

Vos

Sweet!! Nice to see the scores start rolling in!! :thumbup::thumbup:

The Godrej Shaving Round is current production out of India, not vintage. But it's good stuff either way!

Also, based upon the shape/size of the container, the "vos" is probably Queen Charlotte Shave Vostok, some of the coldest shaving cream/ soap you will ever run across!! It's menthol content is off the charts!

Your PIF was pretty awesome!! :drool::drool:

Last edited:
Brut revolution spray cologne
Skin bracer cool

Brut Revolution is discontinued, but is said to be a clone of Aqua Di Gio by Giorgio Armani.

Skin Bracer Cooling Blue is not discontinued, but somewhat hard to come by. I think it smells a bit like the original Polo by Ralph Lauren.

That I did. I was tossing the peanuts and I saw a little square item taped up and guess what some SE razors. Okay, now question about SE razors, it is a whole new way to shave? I'm still learning to use me EJ 89L and if I hold the SE the same angle and rip off my face I may be a little disappointed heheh.

I was gonna make a razor stand. ( wish me luck) but now I have to spec it out for more razor space... That is a great thing. And now I have a lot of soaps that I really want to try. I want to shave so bad right now... Dammit beard, why must you be so non existent!? In should take a close up of the other razor. That thing is heavy. It feels like twice the weight of my EJ, Mabel even 2 1/2 times. Im loving it all. I cant wait to see everyone elses acquisitions!

That I did. I was tossing the peanuts and I saw a little square item taped up and guess what some SE razors. Okay, now question about SE razors, it is a whole new way to shave? I'm still learning to use me EJ 89L and if I hold the SE the same angle and rip off my face I may be a little disappointed heheh.

The Gem is used with the head of the razor nearly flat against the face. The proper angle is a couple of degrees above flat against the face. Using it with the 30 degree angle recommended for DE razor would likely result in some horrific razor burn.

The blade is much thicker than that of a DE, and thus shaving with a Gem is more like shaving with a straight. The Gem makes a very pleasant sound as it cuts your whiskers; as if it were singing.

The same general rules of shaving apply: Go slow, No Pressure, let the weight of the razor do the work.

In should take a close up of the other razor. That thing is heavy. It feels like twice the weight of my EJ, Mabel even 2 1/2 times. Im loving it all. I cant wait to see everyone elses acquisitions!

Maybe somebody will be able to identify it if you post more photos. :thumbup1:

From the looks of it, we will be in for some awesome packages coming in the mail!! :w00t::w00t: I can't wait to get mine!!

Well, I couldn't participate in this one because someone would know it was from me. Plus, I really didn't have the cash to get what I was wanting to get. Anyway...I have a box of stuff here that I collect things into. Truthfully, I don't know what all is in there now. I'll add a few more things too.

When it's ready I'm going to pick a number at random. The person assigned to that number will get my box of junk mailed to them!

So, one person will get 2 gifts.

When it's ready I'm going to pick a number at random. The person assigned to that number will get my box of junk mailed to them!

So, one person will get 2 gifts.

Rick, you don't need to do that. Your gift was starting this whole experience. :thumbup1: I think this type of thing is going to continue for a long time.

Next time, the one who starts it, gets to participate. The only thing that is different, is that they know who is sending their stuff (Which we may all find out eventually anyway). As long as they are assigned randomly, it shouldn't matter.

Last edited:
Actually Rick, if you want some one else to do the whole random assignment of people, I would be willing to do it so that you can participate. I just would sit out the next round.

And I agree, that you don't have to send out another gift because you gave us all this really cool idea, but obviously that is up to you.

I received my mystery gift yesterday as well...Here is a list and photo...
Some temporary tattoos (I have real tattoos, but my kids will love these)
Two vintage Century brushes (these will be restored soon, if I have time)
1 small bottle of Woodford Reserve Bourbon (one of my favs, mentioned once on the forums)
1 Maker's Mark Cigar
1 Fountain pen (i'm not familiar with the make/model, I'll have to do some research)
2 Red Pack IP
2 pair of cufflinks (1 simple oval stainless/silver? 1 pair with a gemstone of some kind in the center, both look to be vintage)

I'm stoked to drink the bourbon while restoring my brushes and smoking a cigar after I shave with an IP and put some tattoos on my daughter with cufflinks in my shirt. Then I'll write a note. Haha!

Thanks to the sender, you know who you are, though I don't know who you are. (I figured it out...i knew that return address looked familiar.)

Awesome idea Rickboone!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom