What's new

PIF: Giveaway Game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also calling all lemon/lime soda "squirt" was one thing I had the get used to.
But, Squirt isn't even lemon-lime, it's grapefruit! :laugh:
Out in the jersey/NYC we call the sodas by their names, not a general term.
OK, you have friends over, and there are many different types of beer and soft drinks in your refrigerator. "Would you like a beer? you ask. "Sure," is the response. "Well, we have Bud, Miller and Coors. Which would you like?" Instead of "would you like a beer," how would you offer a soft drink? What word would you use? "Would you like a _____?"
Even in restaurants when you order a sprite, the server will always say ok we have sprite or we have sierra mist or 7 up is that ok.
Same here. Or, if you ask a server for a coke, they may say, "All we have is Pepsi, would that be OK?" (To which I'll immediately change my drink selection! j/k :laugh:) But, what if you just asked for a pop?
I never really thought about it till now.
Yeah, it's one of those strange regional things that are more apparent to those that travel a lot.
Btw has anyone ever had a Nehi soda/pop. I remember those when I was a kid.
Ah yes, Radar O'Reilly and his Grape Nehis! :laugh:

But, Squirt isn't even lemon-lime, it's grapefruit! :laugh:
now you know I never had it!!! But is sounds refreshing!

OK, you have friends over, and there are many different types of beer and soft drinks in your refrigerator. "Would you like a beer? you ask. "Sure," is the response. "Well, we have Bud, Miller and Coors. Which would you like?" Instead of "would you like a beer," how would you offer a soft drink? What word would you use? "Would you like a _____?"

I would say would you like a drink for small children that cant drink alcohol yet? J/k. I would probably name two or three types (usually we dont have that much of a selection) of soda cuz I'm lazy. But if I'm really lazy I'll just give them a coca-cola.

Squirt and gin is a lazy mans tom collins, at least that what they serve at the Quaff in KC.

Soda is a drink, pop is what a weasel does.

Well, its coming down to the wire ...

Vendor #1 is out of stock for about 2 weeks. Vendor #2 has it available, but its priced 20% higher.

Although my original plan was to order 2 of the item, one for him, one for me, the higher price means I'll have to live vicariously through my recipient for a while.

I've got my basket filled at Vendor-2, but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Need to think about this a little more and see if I get any more ideas between now and tonight. Hopefully, I'll get it by the end of this week, and it will go out next Tuesday.

The only thing better than having a Coke is an RC & Bourbon.

Look, Coke sucks. That's just the way it is. Crap, I had something serious to say here....

oh yeah...

Meh...I'll PM the dude.

Filled my box for my guy and will be shipping out tomorrow.

I hope what I included is ok :blushing: I only know for Def that he likes one of the things...

Sent my box out. The person might need some explanation on some things, not how to use but why. Hope this person gets it soon and everything is intact. rough time at the post office.

I do find it funny that I went out and purchased things for this but I have been trying not to buy anything for myself. Though, I guess in buying something for this, I have indirectly bought stuff for myself, regardless of what I actually get.

Next time around, I probably will take a little more time and use some online vendors.

I do find it funny that I went out and purchased things for this but I have been trying not to buy anything for myself. Though, I guess in buying something for this, I have indirectly bought stuff for myself, regardless of what I actually get.

Next time around, I probably will take a little more time and use some online vendors.

Im in the same situation. Forget about the receivers, think about how pleased the vendors are :lol:

USPS is more efficient than I thought. I hope my guy does not feel like Charlie Brown when this is all over. :lol:

proxy.php

:lol: I know, I'm thinking the same thing!!! It's the spirit that counts (at least in this first go around...:glare:)

:lol: I know, I'm thinking the same thing!!! It's the spirit that counts (at least in this first go around...:glare:)

I think after this first one, that we all will have gained at least some knowledge into what others think is right and wrong in this whole giveaway.

I think after this first one, that we all will have gained at least some knowledge into what others think is right and wrong in this whole giveaway.
There's no right or wrong here, it's all in good fun.

I was so worried my PIF wouldn't live up to standards!
So glad other people are also using the "this is cool, box it!" method!

No worries guys, the OP summed it up pretty good.
Send whatever you like.
No price limits, just fun.
Get whatever you want as a gift.
Big, small, shaving or non. Does not matter. The thrill will be in getting a gift and sending it to someone knowing they have no clue what they'll get or who it's coming from.

No need to think that your gift is subpar, even if someone else does send a toggle. If you thought it was a good gift, and you had fun, mission complete. This was mostly unstructured for a reason; adds to the excitement. We can't guarantee everyone will love our gifts, but we did our best. Now just sit back and enjoy the forthcoming slideshow.

P.S. anyone send a white elephant? Never mind don't answer that yet, we'll see in the pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom