What's new

Sensor vs. Sensor Excel

could be wrong but I think the handles are identical. the Excel added the rubber thing just below the blades that is supposed to put the hairs in perfect position for cutting. The Excel cartridge also has spring-loaded blades; not sure if the plain Excel did or not.

I realize the differences between the blades, but I'm not sure about the handles. I remember there being a difference.

The rubber parts on the Sensor handle are black. They're gray on the Excel. Otherwise they appear identical to me.

Thanks fellas. Any pics would be great, as I'm having a hard time finding them online. But, thank you. One of my favorite blades and I'd like to get a new handle.

the Excel added the rubber thing just below the blades that is supposed to put the hairs in perfect position for cutting. The Excel cartridge also has spring-loaded blades; not sure if the plain Excel did or not.

All of the Sensor carts had spring loaded blades, it was the major selling point for the Sensor. The Sensor Excel added the rubber fins (microfins) which have been seen in all carts since.

The Sensor/Sensor Excel handle only differs in it's color scheme. Gillette had a few custom colored handles they had released as well. I seem to recall seeing one on Ebay that was a black handle with blue accents.

Also, Sensor Excel cartridges have the lubrication strip where Sensor cartridges do not.

Thanks,
Mike

Here's a little more info:

A recent version of the Excel has black accents like the regular Sensor. I've seen them at CVS.

Somewhat related, there's also a Sensor 3 blade... very much an M3 style blade that fits the Sensor handles. That said, recently I've only seen the disposable version (which the blades can be removed from) and not the blades by themselves.

Top Bottom