What's new

First time smoker

Hi

I'd like to start smoking smallish cuts of meat to begin with, can anybody recommend a smallish desktop smoker before I commit to something more substantial.

Thanks in advance.

Just got this little smoker, can be used standalone. It is listed as a tabletop unit and is around $65 at Walmart

proxy.php

It will also attach to the side of this, which is my grill and what the little smoker was purchased for.

proxy.php

Not my pic but it's identical

Just got this little smoker, can be used standalone. It is listed as a tabletop unit and is around $65 at Walmart

proxy.php

It will also attach to the side of this, which is my grill and what the little smoker was purchased for.

proxy.php

Not my pic but it's identical

Nice smoker. Really nice how it adds on to the grill!

This is what I am getting:
[YOUTUBE]YQqcTF3Z8DI[/YOUTUBE]

I'll throw a shout out for the Big Green Egg.
The "Primo" is similar ceramic cooker.

It's what I started smoking w/ and probably will end w/.

I use primarily lump coal and small chunks of wood or chips can be added.
It's very efficient, made out of thick ceramic, and since it doesnt lose a lot of heat, you can smoke over 20 hours w/o having to add more fuel.

Take the "plate setter" out and its a direct grill that can go over 700* degrees F. Smoking, grilling, baking, it does it.

Downsides- Price and surface area. I've done almost 30 lb. of pork butts stacked but otherwise it doesnt have the same amount of space as the barrel smokers.
The price is up there but you really only ever buy one for your lifetime. Although there are people who buy more than one in different sizes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom