What's new

Delivery !

I just took delivery of a 39C Slant and my first puck of Tabac.
I'm super stoked and just had to tell someone.
SWMBO just doesn't understand all the excitement. We went out with my family for dinner tonight for a birthday. I took the razor and soap with me.

The Slant is much larger than I thought it would be. And that's a good thing. I like a big razor. It's a beautiful piece too. I am just in love with it.

The Tabac smells great. I can't wait to use it.

I won't be able to sleep tonight. Thanks for sharing in my jubilation !!

Also got a TGN boar bristle knot for an old Ever-Ready project. Great day.

Bob,

Congrats! The 39C is one of the best razors out there. What blade will you be using tomorrow?

I have an old Ever Ready Brush that was restored by Rudy Vey. It's now my every day brush.

attachment.php

Trust me, you'll love the Tabac. Very slick, very moisturizing.

If the scent of the puck is not too strong for you, you'll love the scent of the lather.

The slant was amazing. Just great. I'd recommend it to anyone. Everything about it was good.
I used a red personna. I'll try a feather in it next week.

The Tabac was great too. This is my first real soap, and it did everything everyone said it would.

Next on the 'to buy' list is MWF and Musgo Real splash.

The slant was amazing. Just great. I'd recommend it to anyone. Everything about it was good.

The Tabac was great too. This is my first real soap, and it did everything everyone said it would.

The 39C is a fantastic razor. Loaded with a Feather, it simply excels!:thumbup1:

Congrats!!

For MWF you want to surf over to Wingham Wool Works for the best price.

Nice to hear of your new acquisition.

How do you compare the shave to a vintage Gillette DE or Gem SE?

Did you have to adjust any with the slant?

Keep having fun!
:001_smile

I just took delivery of a 39C Slant and my first puck of Tabac.
I'm super stoked and just had to tell someone.
SWMBO just doesn't understand all the excitement. We went out with my family for dinner tonight for a birthday. I took the razor and soap with me.

The Slant is much larger than I thought it would be. And that's a good thing. I like a big razor. It's a beautiful piece too. I am just in love with it.

The Tabac smells great. I can't wait to use it.

I won't be able to sleep tonight. Thanks for sharing in my jubilation !!

Also got a TGN boar bristle knot for an old Ever-Ready project. Great day.

Congratulations! That is what I used for my morning shave today, with a fresh Feather blade.

Good choice! I'm looking to trying the Tabac soap and I have a 39c in my rotation.

I just have to use up my EJ Sandalwood first...

Nice to hear of your new acquisition.

How do you compare the shave to a vintage Gillette DE or Gem SE?

Did you have to adjust any with the slant?

Keep having fun!
:001_smile

No, I did everything the same.
I have only used SE two or three times. THere is no comparison.
As for Gillette DE's The Slant is superior by far in my opinion.
Every Merkur I've used has been superior to vintage Gillettes. Just my opinion.

Good choice! I'm looking to trying the Tabac soap and I have a 39c in my rotation.

I have a little in a zip lock bag that I shaved off to fit the puck in my bowl.

I'd be happy to send it your way if you'd like to try it. It's enough for several shaves I'm sure. If your CONUS that is. Just PM me if you'd like it.

Congrats!!

For MWF you want to surf over to Wingham Wool Works for the best price.

Thank you for that.
The shipping is rather high. I think I'd prefer to wait on WCS to have it in stock. Great service from those guys, so I am happy to give them my loyalty and wait.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!

Off-topic- is that an Airedale in your avatar? We had one growing up- great (and absolutely fearless) dogs.

Top Bottom