What's new

I need a coffee maker!

Define a lot of energy. I didn't notice a change in power bills having the Bunn here. It may be costing more but its negligible especially for the excellent coffee it delivers there is never a drop wasted.

proxy.php

Any thoughts on this Cuisinart DGB-700BC ?

I have a chance to get one at $75 brand new.

looks good to me, great options, but dunno how lang it would last...i'ld deffenetly take it if i were you, cuz the price is like nothing....

ps if you get it and dont like it, let me know:tongue_sm

Define a lot of energy. I didn't notice a change in power bills having the Bunn here. It may be costing more but its negligible especially for the excellent coffee it delivers there is never a drop wasted.

i also dont thinkg thats its such a big waste of energy, except your house is running on solar energy from ya roof^^

we had a nespresse machine, and as far as i know they also got the waterheater integrated, but is consumes almost nothing
so shouldn't be a big issue:001_rolle

My Bunn home unit in stainless steel was just delivered Friday...$132.00 on Amazon. Excellent!!! I gave my Keurig to my daughter.

Ok, after all kinds of research and thinking.....(drum roll....)

I'm not getting one, haha. Thanks for the lively discussion all.

Looking at all of the coffee makers I observed that they are mostly plastic and I am concerned about phthalates and bpa.....so I'm sticking with the chemex and French press :thumbup1:

Ok, after all kinds of research and thinking.....(drum roll....)

I'm not getting one, haha. Thanks for the lively discussion all.

Looking at all of the coffee makers I observed that they are mostly plastic and I am concerned about phthalates and bpa.....so I'm sticking with the chemex and French press :thumbup1:

A wise choice, friend!

My wife was been looking for a new coffee maker. After following this thread, I'll show her the Bunn website.
The one feature that is important to her is an "auto shutoff". So after we leave for work we don't have to worry if one of us shut off the coffe maker before leaving the house.
After quickly looking at the Bunn site I didn't see mention of auto shut off?

The Bunn has a separate warmer which we rarely turn on. If you brew a pot and drink it within the next hour its going to be warm, no reason to use the warmer and no reason to turn it off.

Just a note on the Cuisinarts. I've had one for 3 years, it died and the company sent me a new one. Makes a great pot of coffee and the company is top notch.

What about moka makers? The Bialetti Venus and the Vev Vigano Kontessa are beautiful stainless steel coffee making instruments, and moka coffee has more oomph to it than percolated, in my experience. Also, this is considerably cheaper than a bona fide espresso machine; the only downside is the time you'll have to invest in cleaning it, which really isn't too bad.

Last edited:
I thought we would never use anything but our Technivorm. For the last year, it does little but collect dust thanks to the versatility of our Keurig.

What about moka makers? The Bialetti Venus and the Vev Vigano Kontessa are beautiful stainless steel coffee making instruments, and moka coffee has more oomph to it than percolated, in my experience. Also, this is considerably cheaper than a bona fide espresso machine; the only downside is the time you'll have to invest in cleaning it, which really isn't too bad.

Bialetti Venus on the way :thumbup1:

Thanks for the idea. It is does not meet my original requirements but it looks fun.

I need a coffee maker. I have a capresso burr grinder already. Convenience and performance is the name of the game. I have mastered the French press, the Chemex, the melitta, the bodum bistro but with 2 little kids I need large volumes of coffee w minimal attention! Espresso machine is out cuz the wifey doesn't think $1000 is well spent on coffee :001_huh:

So...I'm thinking capresso mt600. Technivorm is kinda pricey. Newco is fugly. Any others to consider?

How much coffee are you trying to make?

Top Bottom