What's new

MWF first experience

Received a new package of creams and soaps, for the life of me this morning i couldn't decide on what to use first.

I ordered a puck of MWF, Dr Harris Almond (i hate the smell of this stuff but i cant dispute how easy it is to lather this soap and how great that lather really is.) A tub of TOBS Almond (really sweet almond not in love with the scent again...) and TOBS jerym st and AS along with 100 pack of ASTRA green (my fav blade.)

I had decided on using the jerym st combo because I LOVE THE SCENT OF THIS STUFF i think my journey is near complete if this stuff lathers well, i just wish they made this in a soap. I filled up my shaving Sink bowl in my actual sink, a large salad bowl i fill up and use as a sink. left my custom badger brush in the sink and went in to shower. I dont know why but during the shower i changed my mind and grabbed the omega 10049 from the top shelf, one of my highly recommended and favoured brushes that hasnt seen much love lately and literally chucked it in my shave bowl from the shower. When i got out of the shower i took the omega and went to town, kinda surprised by how the omega made short work of the puck. I knew ppl have trouble lathering this soap so i thought the boar would surely make a difference when lathering this soap and it certainly did.

So now to my actual experience, i am not sure if i can say that the quality of my shave is completely due to the soap or the combo of blade and razor. Ihavent used my favorite ASTRA and ej86 for a while either. First let me say that the lather is the most unusual lather i have ever felt its very creamy, a little too creamy actually. when i would glide the razor over my skin it almost felt as if the lather was pulling the razor deeper into my skin, if that makes sense. imagine a large shovel slowly gliding over a pile of soft earth, at the right angle its goin to glide right over but with a little steeper angle it would dig into the earth. This is what the razor felt like, it almost felt as if the lather was pushing the razor deeper into my skin. I have quite possibly the closest BBS smoothest shave i have ever had in my DE life and the softest feeling face. Not only do i have a BBS but my face feels very supple. Now back to the razor bit... i have the smoothest shave ever but for the first time today i actually gave myself a nice weeper. The lather MWF creates is very good BUT if u have a patch on ur face that has just been wiped of lather, that patch is going to be very sticky and not let the razor pass over it well. When i was trying to trim my mustache i felt a little jerk and after words a crazy weeper. All in all happy with the experience but its definitely different from every other soap i have tried.

MWF is an excellent Yorkshire soap, and one of the few remaining tallow soaps (and first tallow at that) in the UK. D.R. Harris is my favourite English brand, and I have to agree, the Almond is ??? You will want to keep returning to the MWF, I know it!:thumbup1:

MWF is an excellent Yorkshire soap, and one of the few remaining tallow soaps (and first tallow at that) in the UK. D.R. Harris is my favourite English brand, and I have to agree, the Almond is ??? You will want to keep returning to the MWF, I know it!:thumbup1:

definitely but now i gotta slow down on my purchases, if these triple milled soaps last as long as everyone says i am done for a LONG time...

thought i'd pretty much become a 100% cream guy. my limited selection of soaps from the 3 t's had been relegated to shower duty, the nice wooden bowls recycled for other more decorative uses and and i'd settled into a cream only routine.
the mwf puck i ordered (no bowl) was justified as the last gasp of a mortally wounded ssad and when it was back=ordered i nearly forgot about it.
it arrived last week and i decided to give it a try, just to see if i could deal with its somewhat notorious tendency to be a finicky latherer.
well, claiming no particular expertise or patience in lathering soaps, my first try produced a fine lather and good-excellent shave; the next two lathers/shaves got progressively better and then... i realized my creams had been mentally forced aside to make room for my new bsf (best shaving friend), mwf!
sooner or later, my tobs jermyn street, trumpers coconut, cella, and t&f lavender will softly beckon to me but mwf has won its way into the starting rotation...the best right after the phillies'!
jr/john

the lather is the most unusual lather i have ever felt its very creamy, a little too creamy actually

May I recommend trying to add some more water. You will be surprised how much water MWF can handle, even if it turns bubbly on you, simply mix and it will start turning into lather again. After using it for 33 days in a row I have found MWF to be a great soap which always leaves my face very soft no matter how much water I add to it. Also on a side note I also face lather not sure if you are bowl lathering. Good luck and keep on keeping on. :thumbup:

Top Bottom