What's new

The Golden Nib & Superior Service

I ordered a custom-made brush from The Golden Nib late on Friday afternoon, and it was just delivered to me early Monday afternoon. That is service far beyond any reasonable expectation!

And the brush is everything I hoped it would be: badger hair with backbone and very soft tips. (It's a two-band "finest" hair, 22 mm knot set at 48 mm loft in an ebony Persian Jar handle.)

Thanks, Tony!

I ordered a custom-made brush from The Golden Nib late on Friday afternoon, and it was just delivered to me early Monday afternoon. That is service far beyond any reasonable expectation!

And the brush is everything I hoped it would be: badger hair with backbone and very soft tips. (It's a two-band "finest" hair, 22 mm knot set at 48 mm loft in an ebony Persian Jar handle.)

Thanks, Tony!

can you provide the TGN site, I've been looking for the last 45 minutes with no luck, including the Vendor listing :blink:, I'm due for my yearly eye exam, but I don't think I've missed it:blush:.

Thanks in advance

Shaved with it this morning for the first time, and except for the funky smell, it was everything I want: firm but with soft tips. I probably could have paid two or three times as much and not gotten a better brush.

Once you buy the knot and the handle from Tony's website, does he put the brush together? or do I have to put it together? is there a good instruction somewhere? like what glue to use etc. Thanks in advance

The prices of the handles and knots are available on the site. It cost just a few bucks more to have Tony put them together, though you can do it yourself. It just didn't seem worth the bother (and risk) to put them together myself.

The prices of the handles and knots are available on the site. It cost just a few bucks more to have Tony put them together, though you can do it yourself. It just didn't seem worth the bother (and risk) to put them together myself.

Thanks. I agree, I would rather have him do it and not worry about making a mistake. Thanks again

Once you buy the knot and the handle from Tony's website, does he put the brush together? or do I have to put it together? is there a good instruction somewhere? like what glue to use etc. Thanks in advance

Malam, I see that someone provided a link to Tony's Penworks site earlier...

If you don't want to have to epoxy a knot and handle together yourself you may want to check out Penworks. Tony also offers a very wide variety of completed brushes there because...

Penworks = Tony's 'finished goods' site
TGN = his 'parts' site' (for people who need bits and pieces for their own restorations).

Last edited:
Malam, I see that someone provided a link to Tony's Penworks site earlier...

If you don't want to have to epoxy a knot and handle together yourself you may want to check out Penworks. Tony also offers a very wide variety of completed brushes there because...

Penworks = Tony's 'finished goods' site
TGN = his 'parts' site' (for people who need bits and pieces for their own restorations).

Thanks good idea, totally makes sense

Top Bottom